Notices

Feeling Lonely

Old 02-17-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Feeling Lonely

Yesterday I was in a funk, every little thing was getting on my nerves. Its really cold here, today it has been snowing off and on. So i dont like going out in the cold or dont like driving in it if i dont have too. I watch my 4 year old when my husband and daughter is working and in school.

I think alot and since i am recovery from alochol, i have seen changes that is good but it is hard to gasp on it. I like changes and i am all for it, but i guess i feel like my husband is distance from me.

I need alot of reinsurance cause this feeling is called LONELY, its not a fun ride to be on. I know its because i am dealing with all this change.

I understand how animals are when things are not always the same. LOL!

Just needed to get that off my chest, so i can breath!!
Old 02-17-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

jen sorry to hear your feeling alone. Early in sobriety my emotions were all over the place, I think its part of your body healing. It will get better with time.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It does get better and you are never alone here!
Old 02-17-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We are always here for you, especially in times of loneliness; we may be virtual but there is reality behind the screen.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's always harder when the weather is forbidding, isn't it? You are not alone, Jen. Do you have a hobby that you can indulge and distract yourself with?
Old 02-17-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

I do have a hobby, I actually have a few, everytime i try to get into it, i cant focus on it. My mind just really busy and i dont know how to relax it. Yes, the weather isnt helping at all.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A good book or a show?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Jen, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling alone. I also experienced fairly extreme solitude in recent months as I drank and skipped out on social engagements and the weekly sports I used to play. I felt as if I was completely alone with nobody to share my feelings with. I felt that way until yesterday, when I started posting here for the first time, which is helping me immensely. It's a wonderful and active community that is here any time you need.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Jen)))
Old 02-18-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hi Jen ,
focusing or concentrating was difficult in the early days , so was the emotional ride .

Things get better with time .. i'm sure you can make some good sober friends this summer ? or at least be on the lookout for them ,

Bestwishes , m
Old 02-18-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Jen, do you exercise? I find that the best way to relax my mind. I also like meditation but regular exercise tends to be way more efficient for me.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Haennie,

I don't exercise like I should, but I do walk my dog, twice a day!! So that is better than nothing right!!

Meditation is really hard for me to do when I have my son all day and no time for my self. Its pretty busy house over here, my husband doesn't come home until 6-7pm everyday, the time he gets home we all eat dinner and put Lukas to bed. The time we do all that, I just want to relax on the couch and do nothing.

I need to motivate myself and find some time for myself only if its hour.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Jen
Old 02-18-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Walking is great, I also walk a lot. But do try to fit in some more rigorous exercise if you can, it does magic to the mind. Also, find something that is meaningful to you and try to do it with some regularity. If you struggle with concentration, do something simple that does not take a lot of mental energy. That might also ease the loneliness feeling.

I was also very lonely when I got sober because I isolated for so long. I find that people often think that they need to seek remedy for loneliness in romantic relationships and from their intimate partner. I think that friendships can often help just as much, or sometimes more in that area. Don't worry about these emotional fluctuations much, it'll even out a lot with continued sobriety.