Business relationships help or hurt the alkie/addict?

Old 02-16-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Business relationships help or hurt the alkie/addict?

Do casual business relationships tend to help or hurt the alkie/addict?

Some more of the alkie/addicts associates found out how bad things are for him with a business associate realizing something was up with a disconnected phone number. He's not thrilled. The alkie/addict has gone out of his way to put on a show/hide problems because he has been pushing for a 6 figure loan for yearS now.

Apparently the associate has some empathy giving him what sounds like a make work project/ a test. As usual he is fishing to see how much help his friends and family will be. He's treating like it's a do or die assignment. To me, if I were a businessman I would respect the ability when to know to cut losses and run. He insists it will get done. He's already lost thousands over promising in the past.

Also I think these business associates asked about how much help he has gotten from friends & family because we are experiencing a new & amped up round of resentment & bitterness. Also think he got some money starting up another steroid cycle among other things.

I think the alkie/addict has overrated many relationships but what makes him more dangerous now is that he's playing up the have pity on me angle since his "secret" is out of the bag to most. Although he's openly pressed for "loans" for years I hope these business people were able to see through some of his crap if for no other reason poor documentation of his "plans".

What kind of influence do casual business relationships tend have on the alkie/addict?
Old 02-16-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's possible the person in my life will have to entirely realign her business and her business relationships
Old 02-16-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

not trust?

Originally Posted by buffalodiscord View Post
It's possible the person in my life will have to entirely realign her business and her business relationships
I'm assuming it's a matter of trust and competency? That's actually what I'm hoping to see from his business associates. He still thinks he can get money out of them. Right now he's probably telling others his problems are pure & simple money problems from being laid off last decade.

I think people take various relationships for granted or they misjudge them. Right now the new sympathetic ear seems to make him think he can still get money out of them.