The Dance

Old 02-16-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Dance

I read a wonderful article that we all can relate to so well. If you feel that there is no way out of this situation with your family member, this might help your perspective. I know, easier said than done, but I'm hoping if I keep reinforcing this belief, I may someday be able to back off a little and begin living my life again.

Enjoy!

http://cathytaughinbaugh.com/the-dan...-of-addiction/
Old 02-16-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing!

I'm enjoying the peace & freedom of my husband being away, but in the back of my mind I have a tiny stressor about when he comes back in a month because I know I won't be ready for him to be in my home. I'm going to try and be out of here before then.

Then my MIL calls this morning. I know she is still processing all that has happened & the fact it's been going on for years w/o her knowledge. I could hear an accusatory tone that I didn't tell her a long time ago. She doesn't understand that I couldn't tell ANYONE until this time last year. She just doesn't get it. She knows it's effected the entire family, but she not getting the details of it. It hurt to hear that tone from her. She then tells me she is supporting us/ praying for us & got off the phone quickly.

Your post hit home for me in several ways...thanks!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ingal. I really needed to read that this morning. My AH keeps insisting that if I just did X, Y, and Z, everything would be okay. I really appreciate the author's perspective about how alcohol changes the brain, making it virtually impossible for him to recognize what seems clear to me. Thank you so much for sharing.