Notices

I'm so sad

Old 02-15-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm so sad

I just scare people away, I'm so addicted, I'm not able to live without alcohol. Family members and friends have left me, but alcohol has always been there. I've started drinking on a daily basis a month ago, it gives me so much relief. But I'm worried about the health issues, even though they can't keep me from drinking. I just don't/can't leave it. It's my life, it's who I am. What should I do? I feel so lost.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you posted here Blue.....Many, many people here that felt the same way you are feeling.....thinking they couldn't live without the alcohol, but have found a new way of living...Hugs to you....be kind to yourself....you are worth it!!
Old 02-15-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Have you considered a treatment program? You are not alone in your struggle. This is a great place for support & understanding.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluestar26 View Post
I just scare people away, I'm so addicted, I'm not able to live without alcohol. Family members and friends have left me, but alcohol has always been there. I've started drinking on a daily basis a month ago, it gives me so much relief. But I'm worried about the health issues, even though they can't keep me from drinking. I just don't/can't leave it. It's my life, it's who I am. What should I do? I feel so lost.
No, it's not who you are or what you are. It's just a thing that you're doing. You're so much more than just an organic being that converts alcohol into energy and urine! No matter how much you drink there are people who drank more and for longer. Anyone can quit. The first step is to decide you really really want to deep down.

It's great to have you with us, bluestar26!