Notices

Paws

Old 02-15-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Paws

Hi there, just wondering hoe your PAWS symptoms are going? How far in are you? When did it get better?

Im 2 months 22 days today.

Still getting periods of groggy spacey feeling and the feeling of dread "will it ever get better"...Works improving sleeps a work in progress with 5 hours sleep the norm...Im being a bit impatient I know.... :-)

Mostly the anxiety is a hell of a lot less, the slight dizziness sensation has gone..Havent had a panic attack for about 4 to 5 weeks now. At one stage they were a couple of times a day.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I highly recommend the amino acid L-Tyrosine, taken with B6. It will help replenish and repair your serotonin receptors. Try GNC if you are in the states. This was a big help to me during PAWS.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm not sure really, but think it was between 6-9 months sober when I started feeling really good, much more 'normal'. (whatever that is)

No matter what happens, stay sober! You don't want to have to start all over again.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry can't answer your question but keep hearing people talking about paws and worked out its post alcohol withdrawal (go me lol) but what are the symptoms of this?? Just wondering xx
Old 02-15-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm at about 130 days and still dealing with PAWS symptoms here and there but the intensity is much diminished and occur less frequently. Dizziness is gone (just a bit wobbly feeling on occasion) and the anxiety has gone down noticeably too. I'm like you and want it better asap, but have learned to be patient and kind to myself as best I can.

Hang in there!
Old 02-15-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just feel a bit alone when im feeling off and worried.......I honest ly didnt think quitting drinking would take this long or be so hard.....
Old 02-15-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on 2 months 22 days

Keep on giving it time things are getting better
Old 02-15-2015, 11:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You're ahead of me. I'm at 49 days I think. Well today will be 49. I'm just now seeing improvement. I didn't have a single good day until around day 40. I thought something else was wrong with me. I know what you mean about it taking so long to feel better. This is the longest I've been sober in 15 years. From all I've read I was prepared for this to take 6 months going in. It does suck tho. I've read so many posts of people on like day 5 saying how great they feel. That has not been my experience at all. Haha
Old 02-16-2015, 01:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hearing you Dave! However those that feel geeat after 5 days prob didnt have our 10 to 15 years smashing 10 to 15 beers a night!!.Keep in touch
Old 02-16-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Dave36,

Your one day ahead of me, i'm on 48 if my maths is correct

I concur, physically I feel better but most days still tough. I had hoped my sleep pattern would have improved by now. More exercise probably help but I feel too tired 'cos of work and - lack of sleep, aargh!

Onwards and upwards
Old 02-16-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

There is certainly a varied degree of paws, some people are lucky enough to have minor symptoms and some not at all, first month was really tough at times, eat regular, stay hydrated, sleep if and when possible and try to get as much physical exercise as possible even if it's a short walk after meal times it makes a huge difference both physically and mentally.
Well done so far, you are doing great.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks guys your all awesome, nice to know im not alone. Feel better tonight did 15 min on the treadmill felt good afterwards. Im nice and relaxed now....cant believe I actually ssid that!
Old 02-17-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I felt much better after a month and really really good after two to three. I would like to make one observation. Imagine the damage alcohol has done to us if it takes months and months to get rid of every last symptom! Think about that next time you are tempted.