Notices

3 day loop

Old 02-15-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 day loop

I'm new to this and meetings still. I was in denial for a very long time. Now I'm in another sort of denial. I first tried to quit in August. Went well for over a month. Then fell off the wagon. Now Im still trying to quit drinking. I will usually wake up after a bender and think I need to get my act together and the day is usually depression and lethargy, sweats and dull headache. Same the next day. But the 3rd day is the toughest. I feel euphoric, dizzy, irrational mood and confidence that I could drink again. Thus my 3 day loop. Did anyone have this problem before? And how did you beat it? It's very frustrating!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I finally became convinced that my drinking was never going to get better. Every time I drank, it was a 3-5 day binge that left me feeling depression, despair and self-loathing. I decided to give up the fight..... I was getting my butt kicked. I had to realize that I don't have to drink, even if I want to. It never ended well.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

100% Hun. Any time I managed to go without it would be day 3 I gave in. Usually it would be drinking every night till really late and eventually after a particularly heave one having night 1 - hangover and exhausted so early night. Night 2- would be like first night really trying and with some willpower managed it. Day 3 I'd give in. Talking to a friend who worked in additions and he told me 72 hours is the worst point in physical withdrawal too and day 3 is often the hardest to get past. Knowing it's normal kinda helped knowing I had to push through it. Only way to beat it is to push through it no matter how hard and to keep doing it. Good luck xx
Old 02-15-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I had to want to be sober more than I wanted to drink. When I got to that point, I made it past day 3 and 4 and 5 and so on, cause I wanted to be sober more than anything.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had 3 days drinking then4 sober loop for several years until it became 4 drinking 3 sober and then I realized I couldn't stop if I had 1. I had to quit completely, but you have to want it and admit it to yourself.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had to be willing to NOT drink no matter what and sadly it took a lot of drinking and pain to bring me to that point. You don't have to do what I did. It's a well-worn path. You can turn around and find another way. That too is a path followed by many here. Do what they have done.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My old pattern was to drink for a week solid until I needed to sober up due to repercussions starting to pile up. My withdrawal/detoxes usually took 3 days. I would pretty much batten down the hatches and not leave the house. Insomnia, anxiety, and depression were the hardest part. The physical symptoms I could handle. The mental aspect was what really bothered me.

Try to eat and keep sipping on some water. Each hour that passes you are that much closer to getting through it.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was 12 days on and 2 days off for a few years. Maybe an extra one to tidy up for having the kid.

I'd pass out for a day or two here and there from exhaustion I didn't realize I had a problem at all.

Lots of internet time, I was using weed for withdrawals and in general. You might as well give it up...
Old 02-16-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum hopefullnow!!