counseling

Old 08-13-2004, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gracey

counseling

I went to counseling lastnight by myself……my husband had to drop me off and then pick me up………(long story short) my husband made plans for his uncle to stop by at 4:00 to pick up the edger………..when his uncle arrived……..he couldn’t get in….my Husband was doing his usual napping…..when I woke him up at 4:45 I told him his uncle’s business card was in the door…..he started to get crazy…..ranting and raving why didn’t my daughter let him in…..and then when I explained she wasn’t home………(as he is fumbling) lol he said well where is Andrew (my son) I said he called me at work and asked to go to Nick and Tylors house……so he is not home either…..he is walking around cussing and blaming everything on everyone else but himself…….I just looked at him and said……..honey, I am sorry you are so mad at yourself……..so anyway he missed counseling as he had to go to his uncles and drop off the edger……..

I thought I had a great session………lol

I can talk different to my counselor when he is not there….. lastnight my counselor finally said something that I liked………(he agreed with me on something) but in the same breath told me not to let it be known……WHY……..he doesn’t know how to handle it yet???? Or he wants me to figure out how to handle it……He doesn’t want to scare him off………I don’t get it…..he really believes and sees what I see with my husbands mother……he agrees with me………

Old 08-13-2004, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

breec - i am waiting to hear from my eap preson at work so that they can refer me to a counselor. right now, it's for me, if the ah decides he wants to join, theat may be an option. thanks for sharing - i look forward to hearing more about how things are going with your sessions!

cwohio
Old 08-14-2004, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

My best therapy was in individual counselling. I got a lot more result fixing me than trying to convince someone else to change. Marriage counselling may work for some people, but no counselling works if the person doesn't want to change themself. Glad you had a good session. You deserve to feel good! Hugs, Magic
Old 08-14-2004, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Breec,

Counselling for yourself can be a wonderful thing. No point in doing it with someone who doesn't want it.

Ngaire
Old 08-14-2004, 11:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree that counseling for yourself is the way to go. However, my counselor told me that the stats say if married people go to individual counselors chances are they will end up apart. She says its because one of the partners will change and the other will not. What do you think?
Old 08-14-2004, 01:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Akell,
Hey and welcome. Yes that can happen, but it can happen anyway if two people choose to walk down paths that move them apart. Fear of what might happen if I got better was one of the things that kept me unhappy for many years. I trust that if I get better, I will be alright, no matter what happens. Hugs, Magic