stopped by

Old 02-14-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

stopped by

My AH stopped by with flowers and a card. Sat here with his jacket on with tears in his eyes or crying but not saying anything. Stayed for an hour. Weird. Told me he wished things were different.
I didnt say much. Just want peace. I have said enough. Too many harsh things have been said. If we are meant to be...I dont know.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like he's hurting. Maybe he just doesn't have the words. I do feel for them when they try. But you know without an active program or plan it never gets better. maybe it is or isn't meant to be a marriage. But what IS meant to be is your peace of mind and a life without drama and unreal stress. Keep making that life for yourself, ame if he gets better he can find his way back to YOUR world. (((( hugs))))$
Old 02-14-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your AH sounds a lot like mine...he actually told me once that he smokes pot so he can "deal with me better" ... wow, not falling for that one. Mine also has threatened to kick me to the curb if I don't "get it right"... meaning, don't be upset that he drinks so much, verbally abuses me...on and on...today I took my two boys to a birthday party and he had to drop off his son at another party and his other son at the library...he called himself "Father of the Year"...I told him (jokingly) no, it's called parenting..
Old 02-14-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My xabf sent me some beautiful flowers today with a card too. I do feel for him too. He wants us to work out so badly. And it's just sad to me that he doesn't seem to want sobriety just as badly... actually, he should want that more.
You know... I've been thinking lately that he must feel hopeless and helpless every time he picks up a drink knowing that I'm slipping away. It's just so sad.
I'm like you. It's not the life I want. Time will tell if we are "meant to be"...
Old 02-14-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I am sad for him. Hopefully he makes sobriety a priority.