Show some self-love today

Old 02-14-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Show some self-love today

Sending much love to everyone here today, and praying that not one SR family member feels lonely or neglected.

I have no romantic interest in my life right now but am happy to say it doesn't make a bit of difference to me. I've never felt so much self-worth or self-love in my life as I do at age 51. Lots of heartache and trials have brought me here and I can't say that any of it was fun, but I'm grateful that I am where I'm at. If I find romantic love in my future, I will welcome it, but not without a lot of time, caution, and reflection along the way, and definitely not at the expense of myself, ever again.

Today, I'm reminding those I love and care about how much they mean to me and how grateful I am for their presence in my life. AND I'm going to celebrate me. To show some self-love, I'm going to bust my tail to get my house clean and get necessary tasks done so that tomorrow and Monday (a much-needed, much-welcomed day off) I can ENJOY and RELAX for two whole days in a row. Looking forward to a movie with my daughter, a pedicure, some antique and thrift-store shopping for decorating treasures, some binge watching of Downton Abbey, and pretty much whatever I feel like doing (or not doing) whenever I want.

What are others doing to show some self-love today?
Old 02-14-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for this post! Feeling a little glum on Valentines day- but I think back to last year where my AEXBF and I fought most of the night. This year I can spend time with my girlfriends and not let alcohol control my life!

Thank you again for this post<3 We all have eachother!
Old 02-14-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Happy Valentine's Day to you too, HWC.

I'm feeling the love as well. I've happily come to a point where this day is about love in it's purest form. All forms. Not just romantic love. I love love. Love is awesome. I'm an extremely fortunate person in that I was raised to know that I was worthy of love. More importantly I was raised to know that everyone is worthy of love. Wow. That's an amazing gift my parents gave me. I didn't realize until fairly recently that not everyone was given that gift early on. That's why I have so much respect (and love) for certain people here that always seem to ere on the side of loving positive support.

That being said, though, today I'll be stuffing myself with a box of chocolate. I mean, come on, love is great, but chocolate is better.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma View Post
I've happily come to a point where this day is about love in it's purest form. All forms. Not just romantic love. I love love. Love is awesome. I'm an extremely fortunate person in that I was raised to know that I was worthy of love. More importantly I was raised to know that everyone is worthy of love. Wow. That's an amazing gift my parents gave me.
^^^And I love this.^^^

If we keep up this "love" stuff, it's going to feel like that commercial...you know, the "I appreciate that you appreciate that I appreciate..." one?

Your parents sound awesome. And so does your chocolate.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I didn't get any Valentines cards today. But the old lady across the corridor did. Weirdly, I feel even more chuffed about this than if I'd received one!
Old 02-15-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I painted my nails with hearts and roses and flowers, does that count?
Old 02-15-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I bingewatched Mr. Selfridge and went to a meeting and out for supper.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Last year, my X came home late so I took off before he got home to go to Lowes. Hung in the car to waste time and then went to go grab something. Well I left the light on in the car and need to jump my car as it was dead. (knowing x is at the bar some where I had to figure this out on my own). I Went back to lowes and no one would help me (store policy). I asked a shopper if he would jump my car but he did not have cables. So finally an employee gave me cables, but would not help. I got it jumped - I had multiple nasty phone messages from X where was I, blah, blah blah. I finally called him after I got in the car and told him. He said "why didnt you call me" .. Well hell if I know where you are and when you could help me. Needless to say another crappy 2014 Valentines day .

This year got many texts from my X saying he heard I got a new job, congrats, be well, I deserve the world... But he is lonely, is doing nothing, no one wants to hang with a single guy anymore, he has no passion to do anything anymore. But twice he told me that it was his problem. WOW!! what a difference in years make, one married and one divorced!!

To me Valentines day is like any other day!! It's just a Hallmark Holiday!!