Worried

Old 02-14-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am worried about my health. I am worried I'll get some bad disease or cancer due to the load of stress my body has taken over the years, I am worried that because my health has suffered immensely, I'm sick all the time, lost so much weight you can see my bones all over my face and body and finding it hard to put weight back on ... As I sit here and reflect on the hell I have been through I am worried about how badly my body has taken a beating over raising a child on my own living on my own working full time and being on the run from the EXA having moved house five times, criminal court and federal court proceedings financial strain loneliness etc... I am very worried that somehow my body has been impacted by all of this and I will get cancer or die younger than hoped.. Does or has anyone else had these fears? Has anyone else gone through worse pressure and got ontop of their health.. I want to be around alive and healthy for my son to grow up.. I feel guilty for not living with my parents as it will ease the load off me however I spend far too much time with them as is and needs time away from them too
Old 02-14-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I get to thinking like this, I remember the slogan "One day at a time."

Sometimes I worry about similar things. What if one day my back gives me really big problems? What if I get Alzheimer's--some family members did.

All we've got is today. Take care of your health as much as you can, but stay in today and don't project into the future.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can't say too much here. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and breast cancer. Had a DVT inbetween the treatment for both. Certainly depression, and anguish can bring on symptoms. Have you gone to a Dr????
Old 02-14-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do you think stress caused it for you... Were you expecting in to happen or was it a shock when you found out about the cancers???
Old 02-14-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amy is right about the Dr visit...if you haven't been then it is time for a checkup. All this worry can make you sick. Think about what extra "baggage" you can let go of .

First things first, taking care of you. You will be no good to your child if you are always worried and feeling ill.

Hope you are better soon!!!
Take care
Old 02-14-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

stress just lowers your immune system, that's all I can say. Whether or not my cancers were or became as bad as they were, only God can tell. I am just saying to take care of yourself.

((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))
amy
Old 02-14-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stress can be worse than any disease. Give yourself peace and get a check up. And as has been said, one day at a time. Find something about your body to be grateful for each day. For example. Just the other day I was bemoaning that I think my eyes are getting worse and I need new glasses. Then I thought, that may be, but I can still see and I have a good eye doctor. So those were something to be thankful for. I don't have Tina Turner legs, but I can walk and dance like a loon! It makes me feel a lot better.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've been under incredible stress at different points in my adult life. I have a lot on my plate. Stress is not good but it hasn't won yet. I try not to get freaked out about future what ifs. Worrying is like praying for what we don't want. So. This is what I do. I'm a thinker and a planner so what can I do about the stress and worry so I can let it go of the future tripping? I can try my best to manage my sleep better, cut out unnecessary stress if there is any, I can prioritize differently (my house will still be standing if isn't cleaned the way I like etc), do the important things and don't worry if the rest doesn't get done. I'll do it later. A big one for me was leaving my marriage. The short term stress from that was through the roof but the long term high level of stress living that way was soul crushing. Many of the physical symptoms of stress went away after I was on my own. Everyone's list will look different. I can live in the moment - which is a skill all its own! I have a very high risk of colon cancer so I get checked as often as the doctor recommends. That is all I can do about that. I go in for annual checks and take my blood pressure meds. I used to be afraid of dying early because my kids need me and my mom died young. I have done what I can to prevent that and have let that fear go. I have life insurance and disability insurance if the worst should happen. I still have to work very hard to not stress and future trip on issues regarding my children. I want to control outcomes in a way that isn't possible and I'm *afraid* for them when I can't. I keep getting more and more opportunities to learn how to put skills into practice when it relates to them and their issues. I'll be following the thread.