Notices

Happy sober Friday !

Old 02-13-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy sober Friday !

This might be a first for me! Oh who am I kidding? It's my first
No buzz, no drunk me, no hangover tomorrow. Looking forward to a beautiful day with my family.

Thanks to all of you for being inside my iPad . It really helps keep me accountable. I don't even know you but I don't want to let you down !

Day 5.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going GL2P

D
Old 02-13-2015, 11:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Saturday morning not hung over is really amazing. You will never wake up saying "damn I really wish I drank last night."

I was tempted tonight, not really but the habit of buying a six pack popped into my head when I was getting cereal at the store. Then I said , whoa, I don't do that anymore. Scary how old habits try to resurface. HAppy to be going to bed sober tonight!
Old 02-14-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great to hear, you will see..... tomorrow you will be all shiny and bright
Old 02-14-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I posted this to someone earlier but thought maybe it might help you like it helped me. If you are anything like me you like to drink because that "pleasure seeking" aspect to ourselves. Or at least in part by it. If that is the case you need to capitalize off of how good you feel not being hungover. Build off of that...then add exercise...healthy eating...healthy drinking (lots of healthy teas that you can drink and are actually GOOD for your...like really good for you, antioxidants, etc.)...and pretty soon all of this healthy living will start to physically and mentally feel REALLY good the same way that booze used to make us feel. So you will be feeding that pleasure center with good things rather than bad. I firmly believe so far that many of us if we fall into that pleasure seeking group of drinkers would be in danger of failing if we didn't find something else, some replacement, that makes us feel good and pleasurable...and we need to make sure this is something that is good for us and not just jump to another bad habit. I sort of used to laugh at being a health nut...now I'm all over it. Just a suggestion!
Old 02-14-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Gdev99, it's funny you said all that. That's exactly where I am! In the morning I think "how much healthy stuff can I consume today?". It feels great. I've always been a health nut though and love to exercise. Now I have more energy for all the good stuff .
Old 02-14-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 5!! You're making it happen, keep it going!!