Notices

Yuck...woke up in a funk

Old 02-12-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yuck...woke up in a funk

I am so glad I have a meeting today. It is very hard to be a woman in recovery. That once a month deal really screws up a good way of thinking. My heart hurts and I don't know why, I had severe nightmares last night, I feel guilty for talking about my relationship with a friend and I don't know why. There is more I want to talk about but I have to get my daughter ready for school. I'm going to go to the meeting early. I'm just emotionally destroyed today.

Jennifer
Old 02-12-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jen. Flex those sobriety muscles. This will pass and you are doing great.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yer rockin it Jenn! Keep it goin!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Jennifer, nitemares can be real rough. Sometimes after I have one I have like nitemare inertia or something, like what ever mood it put me in I get stuck in. I found leaving bed after I have one, getting online and grabbing some tea helps. It changes the mindset, so my typical regime once I get online is to find a comedy video or something to try and make myself laugh. That typically does the trick.

I hope your morning meeting helps and you find some peace there. Well good day to you and wishing you the best Jennifer.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay close to us today; we are here for you, Jen.

Hope the meeting is helpful.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
I am so glad I have a meeting today. It is very hard to be a woman in recovery. That once a month deal really screws up a good way of thinking. My heart hurts and I don't know why, I had severe nightmares last night, I feel guilty for talking about my relationship with a friend and I don't know why. There is more I want to talk about but I have to get my daughter ready for school. I'm going to go to the meeting early. I'm just emotionally destroyed today. Jennifer
Hey Jennifer,

I totally know what those down days feel like...it sucks because you feel like things are all of a sudden going in the wrong direction.

Like others said, stay strong and feel good about your sobriety and all the benefits it has to offer.

You can get through this!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Can I join your club? Me too with the funk and I'm also going to a meeting later. Hang in there. Eat something good. Relax. You aren't alone.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ugh, so sorry to hear that, Jennifer - I so know what you mean about those freaking hormones messing with sobriety, I am not looking forward to that time! Glad that you have a meeting today and that you are able to go early. Keep on pushing through, you can do it

Old 02-12-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((CG))) hope your feeling better soon Jen
Old 02-12-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stay strong girl!

As a fellow woman in recovery I can totally relate to how you're feeling. Oh, those sweet mood swings, those emotions taking over...
When times get really though I keep repeating this mantra "this too shall pass". I'll say it a hundred times if I have to and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy - the feeling passes.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can empathize with you Jen, I too get depressed around that special time of the month and so I learned I was more apt to binge around that time as a result.

Its great that we can recognize these triggers and find better ways to cope with our funk. But, it sucks and I hate it so I understand how you feel.

When I start to feel that way, I make it a point to be as kind as possible to everyone I interact with. I find that making someone else's day brighter in turn makes mine brighter too.

Enjoy your meeting and hope you feel better soon.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jennifer!!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I made it!!

Jennifer
Old 02-16-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Well done Jennifer. Can you tell me about the owls in your avatar please? Are they owls?
Old 02-17-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Well done Jennifer. Can you tell me about the owls in your avatar please? Are they owls?
Those are my buddies. I started volunteering at a raptor center at the start of my sobriety. Thanks to a member on here, I donated my birthday beer money to a good cause, which led to me volunteering there, which led to me starting school with the ultimate goal to be rehabilitating wildlife and studying raptors. Raptors are my symbol of my higher power. The owls, eagles, hawks, etc have become very sacred to me. If I am having a tough time, I think about never seeing their beautiful little faces again and I stay on path. If I ask great spirit for some sign for reassurance, I will see a hawk, eagle or owl either in real life or some random person will decide to send me a picture of a raptor. They are spiritual to me, my higher powers way of speaking to me. So I feed those guys disgusting dead things, I handle them, and I shovel their poop...they have helped me get this far.

Jennifer
Old 02-17-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

That's great CG. Thank you. I brake for raptors. I sometimes see them even in the City. They are Cool to watch and beautiful. And then you brought it down to earth with disgusting dead things and poop.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

That is so wonderful, Jen. I admire you!
Old 02-17-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
That's great CG. Thank you. I brake for raptors. I sometimes see them even in the City. They are Cool to watch and beautiful. And then you brought it down to earth with disgusting dead things and poop.
Lol!

Jennifer