Notices

Stress....

Old 02-11-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stress....

is my trigger. Every time I get stressed thoughts of drinking enter my mind. I ****** up at work today again and my boss phoned me at home to tell me about it. So embarrassing. My kids needed me to be in two separate places almost back to back this evening and now I've come home to my bf napping when he said he was going to take care of dinner. So that gets to fall on me too. Just go go go all day with no down time. Oh yeah and I cleaned the house right after work because it was disgusting and I can't handle it when it's like that. I can feel a tension headache forming behind my eyes. I'm exhausted from working graveyard shifts. FML today.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you spoken to your bf about picking up his share of the load zenchaser? I'd start there. Depending on how old your kids are they might be able to help too?

Stress used to get me too - now I prioritise...I do what I can, I delegate if I can, and the rest has to wait til tomorrow.

D
Old 02-11-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

I agree with D ask bf to help do his share (((Zen)))

I have a list of everything that has to be done i prioritise that list into what needs done what could be done
Old 02-11-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Errrr bad day! So sorry Zenchaser. That sucks. I had a bad day too. It eats at you. And makes you want that drink. Sorry your BF slacked on the job! I understand about being run ragged. I have a crazy boss too... he yells. Everyone makes mistakes just remember and give yourself some leeway. When life isn't kind to you, be kind to yourself and don't drink.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Honestly sometimes I feel like I'm living with Peter Pan. The kids do help, they have their chores. Work just is what it is. There is nothing I can do about it. It's just another example of my mind not being sharp, it shouldn't of happened. When the tension starts to get to me it feels so extreme and I don't know how to release it. I can feel it in my body. I'm going to bed shortly... I need the sleep. Tomorrow is new day.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Zenchaser, is there any way that you can find a little time for yourself? I hope you can talk to your boyfriend about pulling his share of the load.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stress is a huge trigger for me as well. Now days I do what others have recommend. Do what I can and leave the rest.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Honestly sometimes I feel like I'm living with Peter Pan.
Might be time to get a little Captain Hook

Old 02-11-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Stress was always a huge trigger for me, too. I hope you can convince your bf to pick up some of the load.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

One: boss needs to admit he's not paying for 24 hours a day. Mine found out quick that I'm not on all day call. If you don't stop them they'll abuse you.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yeah my boss calling me at home was total ********. I'm the most junior person in my station, she didn't phone the senior guys at home.... she wouldn't dare, they would tell her to eat it. The issue was about a really picky difficult client who's order was incorrect. They complain all the time and it goes right to the top. What I realized today was that it wasn't even my error! I caught the same error today and it's the other guy who's been adding it. Anyways now that we know where it's going wrong there should be no need for complaints. If she phones me at home again I will be laying down some boundaries, I'm not on the clock anymore and it can wait till the next day. I can't do anything about it from home anyways.

As far as my bf goes.... Today I hid all the stuff that he leaves lying around! If I have to pick it up and put it away then I'm going to put it where ever I please. If he wants it to be somewhere where he can find it then he should put it away his damn self. Maybe a tad passive aggressive but I guarantee that once he's had to spend some time searching the house to find his crap he will get the message and pick up after himself because I'm tired of nagging.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in there Zen!! It's never easy dealing with soo many things all at once, both at work and at home!!