When the A you need to get away from has kids

Old 02-11-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When the A you need to get away from has kids

A friend of mine is in this situation, and I'm wondering if there have been similar threads, or if there are resources you folks can point me too.

My friend's sister is addicted to pills - she hits up different doctors, etc. It's been going on for at least a couple years. I'm not sure what kind of pills. All the siblings, and the parents, have tried to be involved - my friend moved back to their hometown to help. The sister has progressively isolated herself and her young kids to the point that she won't allow contact with anyone in the family. I don't know if the kids are getting to school or not. My friend has accepted the fact that her sister doesn't want to be part of the family any more, mourns the loss of a person who is still alive - and worries about the kids a lot.

Is there something one can do about the kids? Or will that glass ceiling crash on its own?

I look back on my own childhood, and hear now that adults looking in knew something 'off' was happening, and wonder why someone didn't do something, say something.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Someone should have Childrens Services intervene and check out the care of the children. They can check school records and talk to the teachers and children too.

Children need a voice and any family member who is concerned can offer help for them.

Please make sure they are okay.

Prayers out for this girl and her family.

Hugs
Old 02-11-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would contact CPS (Child Protective Services) and you can do so anonymously. They have to do an investigation on all calls they receive.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Call CPS immediately!!!!