Notices

My story

Old 02-09-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My story

Hey guys, just wanted to share here.

I've been addicted to opiates for about four years. It started with Oxys and eventually i took it to heroin. I was sniffing and never shot up, which doesn't make it any better, just letting you know where my addiction was at. I was doing about half a bundle and day (5 bags).

Eventually I couldn't support my habit and I started selling. I really didn't want to but the drugs will make you do anything. I was selling for a while and the heroin was always there and I had as much as I could want. It was truly disgusting.

Fast forward to December 15 2014. I get arrested for having 180 bags of heroin on me. I do two nights in central bookings and get bailed out. I get home and start to withdraw, my family who knew nothing about my problem now knew everything, they helped me get to detox. After detox I went to 28 days of rehab.

When I walked into rehab some kid walks up to me and says "hey I know you", I tell him he doesn't know me, but he tells me about the car I drive and where we met, and now I recognize him. It turns out I sold him dope and he overdosed on it. The ****** kid ends up being my roommate...it was scary, I felt like the man upstairs was telling me something.

I spent my bday, Xmas and new years in rehab and on New Years eve I found out my best friend overdosed and passed away. It tore me up, but I also thought that he isn't on this earth anymore and he can't get help...I know he would want me to get my **** together.

I've been sober since December 18th, I thought they were going to hit me with jail time but I am in drug court now and I do outpatient for the next year. I haven't felt this good in years, maybe it was a blessing to get arrested, I doubt I'd be sober today if it wasn't for that situation. Life is nice sober, I forgot how good it felt to wake up naturally. I'm trying to stay strong.

Thank you for reading and God bless you all.
I'm here to talk and offer support to anyone who needs it.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, erkjae, to SR. Great to hear that you are enjoying sobriety.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! Congrats on getting and staying clean.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome Erik and thanks for sharing your story, congrats on your sobriety as well. Hope you can join us, there's always room for one more here.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Erikjae thanks for sharing, well done getting sober, sometimes these events show us what we needed to see, the key now is to stop it ever happening again.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Erikjae and welcome to SR.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so glad your eyes are open now. The key is wanting it.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job with your sobriety! Thanks for sharing and welcome 😊
Old 02-09-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome Erikjae

Sorry to hear that about your best friend

You're doing the right thing now
Old 02-09-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your loss ErikJae. Glad you found us tho.
Congrats on your clean and sober time

D
Old 02-09-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Erik! Sounds like you have a great mindset for sobriety. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
I appreciate it!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Sorry for your loss. Make him proud.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Erikjae!!
Old 02-10-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Erikjae sorry for your loss

Nice to meet you
Old 02-10-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Good morning and Welcome Erikjae,

I could remember very clearly when I was 15. I would go to parties and try all different kinds of stuff that they had to try. Meth, Weed, Alcohol, Acid, Shrooms, and all others. But, my choice I really liked was Meth, which they call it Speed in California.

The first time I did Meth, I had 6 lines and it made me feel like no one can mess with me. I did it in school, parties, home, anywhere u can imagine. I always had a small tiny bottle of it that I can slip it in my pocket and when I need it I would take it out and sniff the bottle.

I wouldn't come home, skip school, I would be staying up for weeks straight. Its was getting to the point I would pick fights with someone who was just walking by to get somewhere.

I never sold and never went to jail, but I did get caught ditching school to get high and put in rehab. I met people there that went to my school and it was kinda cool actually seeing people there. I went to school in there, we had meetings and all sort of things.

I been sober from Meth about 24 years now, I will keep it that way!! It was the hardest thing I had to go thru when u get sober, like anything else. I been sober for 7 day from alcohol.

Thanks for your posting, I do appreciate the story you told, it was delightful and I know u can do it.

Keep sober!!