Favorite Recovery Sites (Other than SR)

Old 02-09-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Favorite Recovery Sites (Other than SR)

While SR is 2nd to none, especially in terms of the forums, we all branch out from here at times. When I am struggling with something specifically (judgment, anger, letting go, etc) I start here & then go googling.

I recently found "Tiny Buddha: Wisdom Quotes, Letting Go, Letting Happiness In" & I really like a lot of the blogs & resources that they share.

Anyone else have other favorites to share? (I read through SR's FAQ's & I don't think this violates posting policy?)

Last edited by Seren; 02-12-2015 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Link Removed : SR Rule 1
Old 02-09-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I am on a private/hidden Al Anon group on Facebook called Courage To Change. Lots of recovery there.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My favorite source is my online al-anon group except that it's email based so I can access it very easily and new very awesome shares always seem to come through to my inbox when I need them the most. Lots of support and I have not once experienced any pushy, judgey or know it all stuff from anyone there. It's tremendously supportive and there is an incredible amount of insight in the group! It gives me lots of ah-ha moments.

I use SR for my frustrations, I use my online group for growth and I use my face to face group for practical support. I also do service (I think I'm locked in with my service position until December) in my face to face group and it's really teaching me about tolerance, patience and treating myself and others with grace.

I'm in mommy groups that are similar to Carlotta's (secret groups) and they were amazing for support but occasionally catty and drama laden. I figured there were secret al-anon groups on FB too and I hadn't found them yet. But I've since deactivated my FB acct and don't think I'll be headed back anytime soon.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

MDJunction is my go-to for talking medically about everything not allowed here. AA Agnostica is cool. I have many Buddhist sites bookmarked but more for personal study. I too have a pvt FB page comprised of locals in the program.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Facebook Alanon is not too bad.

If anything it may be a little OVER moderated.

They really go after anyone who is in the "Issues and Tissues" stage.

Generally those folks I see there -- I refer them to SR.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi everyone! You are welcome to talk about other places you visit on-line for your support and recovery, but please do not post the links on the forum.

You can share links via PM or you may list the sites yourself in SR's Free Listing App:
Sober Recovery: Free Listing

Carry on!!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Bar none, my favorite is the "Mr. Sponsorpants" blog. It's geared toward alcoholics in AA, but it's wise and sometimes hysterically funny, and there's a lot of insight and wisdom for friends and family too.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lexie....I just visited Mr Sponsorpants" (first time).....and, I am LOVING me some Mr. Sponsorpants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Thanx....

dandylion
Old 02-12-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I forgot all about Mr Sponsorpants!

Thank you Seren!!!