Omg HE MARRIED HER IN VEGAS this weekend!!!

Old 02-09-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Omg HE MARRIED HER IN VEGAS this weekend!!!

I am in the Twilight Zone. He married this girl in Vegas over the weekend after 4 weeks of dating. Is this really happening? Dear God this can't be true. We just broke up last month!!!!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

W.O.W. I know you're reeling, but can I just say be GLAD this one "got away"??? He was obviously a scheister and most likely was double-timing you. She can HAVE him. Be careful, let this be a learning, and be KIND to yourself.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by Jodie77 View Post
I am in the Twilight Zone. He married this girl in Vegas over the weekend after 4 weeks of dating. Is this really happening? Dear God this can't be true. We just broke up last month!!!!
Jodie...

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Stop for a moment. Take a step back. Use your wise mind. Ask yourself is this the behavior of a healthy, mature, responsible adult?

No.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Jodie, in a way this is the BEST news you could get. It's irrevocably over. End of story.

His life no longer concerns you--it didn't before this happened, but now it's crystal clear. It's obvious this was where he was headed when he left. He already had the next move planned out when he left. He treated you like dirt, he's gone now, and you are so much better off. I hope you can begin seeing this.

Hugs,
Old 02-09-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, please let the healing begin!
Old 02-09-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, best of luck to them.
Seriously, if you marry someone after four weeks, you're off your rocker. Which we sort of knew about him already.

Breathe. Close the book on him. Move on. Whatever he did or does has NOTHING to do with you. He's on his own crazy journey making decisions that would make a toddler seem wise. You really dodged a bullet, friend.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know this hurts like a you know what, but I'm with Lexie on this. This is the awesomest news ever for you. He's gone. He can drag someone else down with him now to the pits of he11. YOU my friend, are in the free and clear!!!

I doubt you are seeing it that way right now...but one day, one day you will.
I'm thrilled for you.
Dead weight is gone.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Breathe. Close the book on him. Move on. Whatever he did or does has NOTHING to do with you. He's on his own crazy journey making decisions that would make a toddler seem wise. You really dodged a bullet, friend.
from the info. provided here from Jodie with his background/history...I suspect this is going to be a crash n burn for him. Thank god Jodie, you are NOT the passenger on this one. It's going to be some carnage to clean up.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The bad decision train just flew off the rails, congrats to you and your future!
Old 02-09-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, best of luck to them.

Seriously, if you marry someone after four weeks, you're off your rocker. Which we sort of knew about him already.
50 shades of crackers.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well. I am certain there is not much to say that will make you feel better. I am sorry for this shock.

He was cheating on you with her this relationship was going on much longer than 4 weeks as you are aware.

Just try an walk on your side of street. He is what he is, he will do and has done whatever he wants.

I agree with Zoso this is not the action of a mature adult. Trashing him, and the unlikelihood that this marriage will survive him doesn't do much of anything. He is no longer your problem.

Keep up with your therapy, Al anon, and everything else you are doing. You got this.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((((Jodie)))))

I promise you. PROMISE YOU. There IS a day in your future when you will be able to look back at this relationship and be glad that you got out of it any way you could.

You are walking the path towards this day right now. Keep walking, and know that there is an SR ARMY at your back.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just curious, how do you know this?
Old 02-09-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
50 shades of crackers.
That is HILARIOUS.

Jodie, I'm with everyone else here - I hope you can take this for the blessing that it really is. (((((hugs)))))
Old 02-09-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

NOW can you quit checking on him and getting updates???

it's time to LET GO jodie....it's done, over, kaputsky.

now the new chapter of YOUR life can start....if you are willing to turn the page.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wow Jodie I am sorry to hear this as I know this must be really upsetting for you but as the others said in time I hope you will see this as a blessing.

As a sane, caring, intelligent, loving and compassionate woman you will find someone who is worthy of all those qualities (and more) that you have, and this man displayed to you both in the relationship and out that he is lacking in all those qualities (and more).

I hope you are ok x
Old 02-09-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
That is HILARIOUS.

Jodie, I'm with everyone else here - I hope you can take this for the blessing that it really is. (((((hugs)))))
Jodie,

If there's anything you remember from me, let it be the following:

Once somebody is crackers, they stay crispy.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You must have someone watching over you since you're rid of this man. He doesn't sound healthy.

Be grateful, even through your pain.

If I were you, I'd take this time as a wonderful moment when you're free of this man's craziness and you can be selfish and work on healing yourself and coming out stronger.

I know it doesn't feel like it, but this is probably the best thing that could have happened. It's over.

Celebrate that you're free now.
Where do you want to go next?

A huge hug to you. I know it's painful, but you'll be better in the long run. Heck, you're better off in the short run. You're better off now.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Jodie, I know your pain - I have been in a similar situation, it is for the best.

Food for thought....one day she might be seeking us for "help" because of her AH - and you will have been there and done that - OVER!

Hugs to you!
Old 02-09-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jodie77 View Post
I agree with Red, he was with her longer than 4 weeks it's only that you haven't been with him as of 4 weeks ago.

He's already out of your life and has been for 4 weeks but somehow you are keeping up with his crazy and keeping it in your life by choice, that's like the definition of self destructive right there. What can you do to fill the void that he was filling for you? What good things can you do to lift yourself up regardless of the shenanigans that he keeps getting himself into? You deserve to move on from this and to fill your life up with things that add to your happiness rather than keeping up with his drama which keeps you in the past and in your hurt.

Let's start talking about Jodie and Jodie's life instead of your ex.

Sending you hugs.