Notices

Going threw step four again

Old 02-09-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Going threw step four again

I had four years and relapsed all my sponsor had me do was back to basics I did three sheets. Second time after I relapsed for a year I did another fourth step and just checked boxes and read it to my sponsor that was it stayed sober 4.5 months. I relapsed on an off for another year getting a month once or twice. Now I have been sober since Christmas and started one yesterday I listed all my resentments then my sponsor had me go threw and list ones that had fear. 12n12 pg 50 As we persist, a brand-new kind of confidence is born, and the sense of relief at finally facing ourselves is indescribable. These are the first fruits of step four. I had such a sense of relief getting passed being mad at GOD for an outside issue and starting my fourth step I talk on the phone with my sponsor two hours in the morning and two hours at night. He knows the big book connecters better then anyone I have ever worked with. My first sponsor come to find out wasn't an alcoholic but a drug attack and never had a sponsor I resent that deeply I'll pray for him he's a very sick person. He knows the big book with self knowledge witch availed him nothing cause he has know exspierence being alcoholic and never working the steps. I was blown away how my new sponsor I can relate to cause he's an alcoholic knows the big book I thought my first sponsor did but he's a neaphite compared to my new sponsor who has a sponsor and has been threw the big book. Man what a difference working with another alcoholic looking forward to doing the rest of step four I feel launched not rocketed yet into the fourth dimension.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I finished it doing fifth step Tuesday. I have done all this before so I know I'll get some relief.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I lied I didn't finish it told my sponsor I did and I was gonna share it with my addiction therapist bad little sponse. Well I was craving a drink so bad scared me back into honesty my sponsor said I knew you were lying.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

glad you got honest.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Did some work on my fears today making progress.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Make sure you put your first sponsor in your fourth step and remember that whatever his flaws were and whether he was an alcoholic or an addict, he was there for you and must have helped since you were sober 4 years.
Glad you are being honest and working on your recovery.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's basically me repeating myself from my last one witch I don't need to do I tenth step all the stuff that bothered me resentments fears I'm done with it. I'm not a newbie had four years and 4.5 months before did a lot of inventory.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 View Post
It's basically me repeating myself...
How often do I need to do a 10th & 11th step?

"As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or doubtful, and ask for the right thought or action."
(page 87)
Old 11-27-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There are 400 different ways to do step 4 Joe and Charlie Hanley Hazelden accountability checklist assets and liabilities checklist back to the basics if you like that kind of thing if you want to recover there is one way to do the fourth step in AA between pages 64 and 69 in our book Alcoholics Anonymous if you do a fourth step any other way you cannot do step 5 step 6 step 7 step 9 step 10 step 11 sorry ar book Alcoholics Anonymous is the only book that has directions on how to take 12 steps the twelve and twelve has no direction it is Bill Wilson interpretation of what he believes the steps mean to him and he actually just work them months prior to writing the 12 and 12 right before he tried to introduce LSD into AA Alcoholics Anonymous is the only book with the directions you work step 4 one time we practice steps 10 and 11 daily one day at a time for the rest of our lives no need to do 4 ever again
Old 11-27-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i will kindly disagree,bill, on your lil rant about only one way to do a 4th step, or any other step,beings as you are not the ultimate authority on how the steps are worked and who has worked them properly or not.
not sure who gave ya power to decide who is and isnt working the program right, but they should be fired.

im very greatful for those who work the steps however they chose and are sober,active members of society today.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey it is what it is there's hundreds of different ways and if it works for you wonderful but there's one way to take the steps in alcoholics Anonymous that's out of the book Alcoholics Anonymous its not ranting its telling the truth if anyone wants any of the promises that are in the book of Alcoholics Anonymous the way to achieve those promises is by following the directions no if ands or buts it's like doing the same thing over and over expecting different results doing different things expecting the same results it makes no sense a person cannot continue to take personal inventory in step 10-11 if they've never taken inventory in step 4 we watch for selfish dishonest resentment in fear if we haven't done the fourth column where were we selfish dishonest self-seeking afraid we can't continue to do it I 10 11 I'm not going to go back and forth all of us telll on ourselves by the things that we say it's apparent who has done the work and who hasn't if you want what we have do what we did if you want what we have and are willing to go to any lengths to get it you're ready to take certain steps it's a parent who is done the working to hasn't if you want what we have to do what we did if you want what we have in our willing to go to any lanes to get it you ready to take surgeon steps
Old 11-27-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

I agree with tomsteve.

On another note, Bill never tried to introduce LSD into AA; he was trying to reproduce his experience so that maybe others could have a spiritual awakening in a similar fashion, but this did not work and did not get suggested into the medical/psychiatric field. It was also before LSD's true effects were known.

Maybe if Bill and Bob worked their 4-12 steps, or even 1-12 steps more regularly, they would not have been as depressed as they were nor would they be craving alcohol as they had.....

I have to keep my spirituality ahead of my illness consistently and regularly today. And my friend, Bob (in real life) who just celebrated 35 years has just completed another 1-12 (specifically 4-9) steps and has come to know himself so much better at the age of 75 (he was amazed at what he learned)....

Bill W. once said "AA can and will change," and it has, as it needs to since society continues to change a bit.....

There are many ways to work those 12 steps, not all of them do I agree with, but I've witnessed changes in hundreds of people, as a result of their way of working those steps.

Have a beautifully peaceful day!
Old 11-27-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yeah that's why we carry the message and we take alcoholics through the steps regularly as we help them we help ourselves I just listened to 9. Fifth steps since I have 6 guys writing there 4th step right now by us helping others we help ourselves in essence we constantly are working the steps but in order for me to take another through the steps I had to take the steps not going to argue with you people it is what it is yes it's true the early members of Alcoholics Anonymous worked the 6 tenets of the Oxford group it wasn't enough for them they needed the book to be written they combined all their experience and failures to produce the book Alcoholics Anonymous so that we would not do or feel the problems in the steaks they had yes I know Dr Bob wanted to drink every day of his life up until he died bill with mentally fried so what if it wasn't for them none of us would ever have had the opportunity to live not going to play with semantics there's hundreds of ways to approach recovery I simply states what works for me and what I seen work in many many others a book written by alcoholics for alcoholics that has not been changed in 76 years if it ain't broke don't fix it the problem is people with their egos and their fear when to change everything went to improve everything
Old 11-27-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I use voice text I should have proof read yeah since March I have listened to 9 fifth steps I've taken hundreds of people through the steps I've listened to well over 115 fifth steps I practice 10 11 and 12 on a daily basis yes that means I do the steps every day all day one day at a time no one says you do them once and you're done we just do one step four
Old 11-27-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The truth is the one thing that never changes. And He is in the truth, and the truth will set us free (not in a debasing way either).

Alcoholism or humanism hasn't changed since man first crushed grapes or let's go back to Adam and Eve actually. Adam and Eve even did the 12 steps.

When we say we're doing the 12 steps we either are, or we're doing something like them. Anyone can take parts out of the BB, put them in a binder with their own written instructions they made up and call it an AA meeting or the twelve steps, but I'd really just be letting my disease run the show again and looking for another excuse not to do what I know is the best available to me.

When I understood what and where the 12 steps really were, I wasted not one minute. Why wouldn't I want to give that to myself? I'm not worth it? I'm afraid? Well I guess when you're living in terror and have one iota of self-esteem left anyway, there's nowhere left to go but the last stop on the bus.

It's not for everybody but for the hopeless, for those who know what wishing for the end of another day feels like, for those who worship people who hate them, for those who have nothing left to debate or discuss...it's available. Always and forever.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i will kindly remove myself from the we your refer too. too much flaming ego involved,what with telling people about listening to others 5th step and all.

i prefer to be an imperfect human who has absolutely no problem admitting im not perfect nor do i want to be. it doesnt read very fun.