Notices

My last straw has been pulled on today

Old 02-08-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy My last straw has been pulled on today

Im beyond stressed... from my last update my world feels like its caving in and then some...I found out the anatomy class im taking doesn't have me registered even though I have been taking class and had first 2 exams last week...I now have to go into admin tomorrow and they better fix it if not ill throw the middle finger up since its just bs. on top of it we are supposed to start dissecting cats tomorrow which I was already through the roof anxious about... then I got a new phone and had tons of tech issues with transferring data over which didn't work..went back to att then to best buy and they all couldn't help me...its just like one thing after the next when im already trying to heal...nothing has gone right today and im freaking out about tomorrow because I have to go and do this whole thing with admin since they messed up then skin a dead cat and hope to hell I don't faint, my phone dilemma sucks and im just ******* tired...im trying to get better and everything is against me and I feel like legit giving up...im angry and sad sorry for venting but I need a hug or something...I have just maxed out my stress limit and on top of everything im trying to get sober...I need a break
Old 02-08-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((rocky)) - Hugs, sweetie.

I hope you get the phone thing fixed and admin straightens out the anatomy class.

Life can get pretty darned stressful, but getting through it sober is not only possible, it's worth it!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-08-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Everything isn't against you, rocky. What's happening is life on lifes terms. Probably the first Time things didn't go your way?

There's absolutely nothing you can do about tomorrow until it gets here. Let it go. You know what needs to be done with admin TOMORROW so let it go. Let it ALL go. And get sme sleep.

I've had some very difficult days in recovery.
And yet I was able to lay down at the end of them days sober so they were good days.

And there's a positive-
Ya didn't drink today.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Rocky)))

I agree with TomSteve--everything is always a lot easier to face after a good night's sleep.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's going to be okay, rocky. Tomorrow will take care of itself.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Chin up and think positive. The school wants your money so I am sure that problem will be fixed...and somethings we just need to get through...like dissecting a cat. When I was in school it was a baby pig. Either way I did it got through and haven't thought about until reading your post. In the moment it may suck a bit but you will get over it. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry that you're going through a number of concurrent stressful events. Not to be trite, but it sometimes happens and aside from randomness I can't opine about why they are clustered, but I can state with certainty that alcohol will not make it easier to deal with the situations tomorrow.

Based on personal experience and having two kids in college, without knowing the details I'm confident that the class registration issue will work out. So will the data issue with your phone. My wife recently switched and it was a bit of a bear, but eventually it was done. Undue frustration and too much time dedicated to what should be a seamless effort for sure, just as what you're presently experiencing, but the result was a positive.

Get a good night's sleep because everything is better when well rested and tackle tomorrow tomorrow because other than getting your facts aligned and game plan in place there's nothing you can do tonight. Think positively and I wish you well.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hey Rocky, I don't think any of these problems are serious but your state of mind is your main challenge.
Administration mix-ups can be very frustrating. Try having a joke with the admin staff, take them some cakes, whatever, but they'll fix it faster if you're nice. (we once had a nasty run-in with another dept at work, not my fault, but I took them some cakes and it was like magic! All sorted within seconds.) I make a little task for myself to make someone in a service job smile every day. It helps.
Tech stuff is a pain - thank goodness for online forums.
I feel for you with the cat thing - keep in mind the end purpose of what you're learning and how much you will be able to help people one day.

The other people in this thread are right on the money that deep breathing or meditation can calm you down really well. I need to practice it myself as I'm waiting to hear on a job I really want and I've been unemployed for a long time. I'll deep breathe as well.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there Rocky!!

Alcohol isn't going to make anything easier, a hangover tomorrow will just make things worse!!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Nothing may be going right today, but tomorrow is a different day! Hope that tomorrow is a better day for you.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

an excellent rule of the thumb for sobriety and life in general is:

Do the next wise thing.

you'll get the class thing straightened out....everyone makes mistakes and even college adminstrative offices.

you'll get the phone thing straightened out....and if you don't, the world won't end. cuz it's just a phone....

skinning the cat - well, GROSS, but it's part of the curriculum for your class and so...........you deal. as long as you don't have to donate your own cat that is.

and drinking will fix NONE OF THE ABOVE.

LIFE HAPPENS. all the time. some days the car won't start, or the roof leaks, or the kid gets chicken pox, or the check didn't come in the mail...things are only as big a deal as we make them. never forget all the glorious goodness that comes along too!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this (((Rocky)))
Old 02-09-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Oh man sometimes I really miss school
Old 02-10-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welp??? How'd it go??
Old 02-10-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
Welp??? How'd it go??
I'm interested, too, rocky.

How did it go yesterday?
Old 02-10-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

me three

D
Old 02-10-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Me cuatro.........

Hope it all worked out. There's more than one way to skin a dead cat......
Old 02-10-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post

I'm interested, too, rocky.

How did it go yesterday?

It went is all I can say...it was a six week old kitten we had to skin and was like the ones you get at pet shops with cute paws and fur and face.... I got through it without fainting but I felt awful for the poor thing and skinning a cat is much harder then you think it's going to be...after all the stress of the day I haven't had a cig in over three months and I smoked one and my mom now thinks I'm smoking again secretly which I'm not so I raged on her trying to tell her look I had to skin a ****** kitten today and I bummed one cigg of someone and once I'm done with it I won't buy any which I haven't and then she started to go off on me being dissapointed about what could happen so I lost it told her I don't give a **** and need some kind of break and we haven't talked since then besides once she wanted to dig the nail in and said while your out can u buy an ashtray? And I got pisses again because I don't need am ashtray I only had one cig that was it...I'm not going to buy any so get over it...then later while I'm already so over hearing **** and trying to study for my exams she tells me I should go to grief counseling or go on meds because I'm a negative person blah blah blah and it's like eff off of corse I'm going to be negative when someone's pointing it out.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yikes!

Having a cig after such an ordeal is not the end of the world. Maybe your mom is being dramatic a bit. Try to let the drama of life unfold and not get to self consumed by it.
Try so see events like they are on a TV screen. It will externalize yourself from the drama.

Stay strong and keep pushing. You are brave, never forget that.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a particularly rough day Roocky. I'm glad you stayed sober - hope the rest of your week is better

D