Notices

All of you are fantastic

Old 02-07-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All of you are fantastic

I have been so pro active the last week. One thing I did besides reading all the inspiring stories. And difficult travels, I actually bought about ten of the books that were recommended in one of the posts. I have read three of them. Very therapeutic for me. It is hard to put in words. I recommend them. Sort of was my thing. I did 7 days. Clean. Felt great.

For some reason I went out today and messed up. Beers, Vodka. I don't know why. I am so dissapointed Because I didn't really want to. Its so hard to put in words. It wasn't a craving. It was just stupid.

Sorry to rant.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The main thing is you're back posting, don't beat yourself up!!

Tweak your plan moving forward, do you need more support? are you reaching out before drinking? these things can make all the difference!!

You can do this!!
Old 02-07-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fisherplace View Post
I have been so pro active the last week. One thing I did besides reading all the inspiring stories. And difficult travels, I actually bought about ten of the books that were recommended in one of the posts. I have read three of them. Very therapeutic for me. It is hard to put in words. I recommend them. Sort of was my thing. I did 7 days. Clean. Felt great. For some reason I went out today and messed up. Beers, Vodka. I don't know why. I am so dissapointed Because I didn't really want to. Its so hard to put in words. It wasn't a craving. It was just stupid. Sorry to rant.
Hello,

I trick that was provided here on SR that really helps me. BEFORE buying the Alcohol, play the tape all the way to the end. Make sure to include the hangover, guilt, anxiety etc.

I doubt you will feel like buying it after this.

Good luck!!!
Old 02-07-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well you are back here...learn from it. You did it didn't like it so don't bother to do it again. Just try and figure out why you did it if you didn't want to. Use it as a tool to avoid next time.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Fisherplace. We rarely get it right the first time. You haven't given up - you came back to give it another go. You can do it!
Old 02-07-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No kidding I didn't get it right waaaaay more than once!
Old 02-07-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

fisher, sorry to hear you were sucked back in. It's a pitfall that we can go really well, let our guard down and celebrate in the usual way.

Now you know it's not just the first week but the ups and downs of the long term; when you're feeling good, feeling down, confident, upset - each time a challenge to overcome and increase your self-esteem and strength when you successfully resist.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many of us stumbled a time or two. It's not inevitable, but it is fairly common - it's hard to change our lives, and many of us - me included - have underestimated the task at times.

The important thing is you're back here

do you have any thought on what you might add to your recovery plan now?

D