Notices

Maybe I should visit SMART recovery classes in town

Old 02-06-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Maybe I should visit SMART recovery classes in town

"everything happens for a reason"
I was driving to town about 11.30 am this morning to make an appointment for my hairdo next week, when my bitch of an AV popped up in my head and started talking sweet talk to me.
So smooth, so sneaky! the C****. "Hey Joycie how are you my friend! you know hey, it's Saturday, the bottle o's are open before 2 pm, shall we make a detour and get some?
just like the good old days? I have missed you so much over the last 3 weeks, let's have some great time together and hang out together. Just a couple won't hurt."
I got so incredibly upset that I started crying and had to pull over! My heart started beating faster, my breathing became heavy and anxiety came over me.

After a while of just sitting there I composed myself and moved on to the Afghan traders. Asked for some super food...... told her that I am dramatically changing my lifestyle
atm getting a bit emotional. The lady there asked me to come into the office with her.
We started talking about what I was changing and we talked for nearly an hour, seemed that she is on the same boat as me, 3 years ago she made the decision,
had relapsed a few times but still on the right track. Been through the same.
She's got the tools in her tool bag, I haven't got them yet, coz I am a newbee at this.
WOW, what was it that brought me to her?
Don't ask..... it was great to talk with a person that knows what I am dealing with that truly understands how difficult this is.
First time I meet someone face to face! that is dealing, had dealt with the same things. I gave her a hug when I left.
She told me I could visit the shop any time.

Maybe it will be good for me to be surrounded by people that are dealing with the same as I am. But I can be very shy in groups, one on one I am fine but groups scare me
That is what is so great about this place!
I am going to visit a meeting not next Monday (coz I am doing a first aid course then) but the Monday after, it is only once a week at 1.30 pm.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you should go J - what have you got to lose really?

D
Old 02-06-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Go for it. She was placed on your path for a reason and if nothing else, since you are shy in groups that's at least one person that you will know.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yeah, agree, I emailed to book me in for the 16th next week I am doing a first aid course to get my security license again so I can work at the airport, interview tuesday. Anyways,
Things do happen for a reason hey!?
Old 02-06-2015, 10:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just walked the dog 30 minutes long, and all the time I was thinking about drinking beer in front of my computer!, that's where I work (editing my photos)
I cried again.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give yourself time J...you'll break the booze stronghold soon enough...it'll be ok
Old 02-07-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Great story, thanks for sharing it.

Congrats on 3 weeks.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What a great story! Sound karmic. I think you should do whatever you need to do to stay sober, whatever works for YOU. And crying can be a good thing... letting all that out. Stay strong!!