Notices

Goodbye letter to Alcohol

Old 02-05-2015, 11:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Goodbye letter to Alcohol

I saw this on the SMART recovery forum and found it a very good idea, so I also wrote a letter to Alcohol
=================================================

My goodbye letter to Tooheys Extra Dry , Grolsch and Bavaria (beer)

6th February 2015

Dear alcohol

This is a goodbye letter to you my old friends Tooheys Extra Dry, Bavaria and Grolsch beer.

Today (well actually 20 days ago) I am saying goodbye to you. This time I mean it! I am not bullshitting you! It is for reals! I don't want you in my life any longer. It's been enough! You have served a purpose in my life and now it is time to say farewell.
There were many times we had a lot of fun together, many many years ago, I was young, immature and inexperienced in life, many times you gave me that little bit of extra courage I needed, and many times you just let me relax. Many times we had so much fun together, me my mates you and your mates. But also, you made me forget the pain and sorrow I had inside from every day life, dealing with being bullied my whole childhood and adolescent life long, just because I am gay and just because I were different as a child, teenager and young adolescent. You were the only mate I trusted, that truly seemed to understand me and the only mate that let me be myself around you.
Those days were great. I had great times with you, but as time moved on, years went by, you changed, your friendship with me changed. You became sneaky and nasty to me and you turned against me. And the really nasty thing is, I did not see this, I did not realise this, until it was too late. I thought we had such a great time together, you were my one and only best friend. How could you ever do this to me!?
You turned me into a nasty person when I was around you, Bavaria, Grolsch and Tooyhes, never, never I realised I was. This is how sneaky you all are.
You let me do things I didn't really wanted to do, I had punch fights, I took challenges I didn't want to take, I lived a risky life, I started living a life full of lies, to myself, to my family, to my partner, to my friends, to my clients. All because of you! You made it happen that I put my hands on my girlfriend that I loved so incredibly much, you! You were the one that made it happen that my girlfriend lost faith and trust in me. You changed me and the relationship I had with her and I hate you for it!
You made me drink drive just so I could get more of your friends from the shop to give me even more of a headache. Yes you hear that right You made me drink and drive and put my life at risk, put other's life at risk, put my dog's life at risk just to get that extra shot! You selfish piece of ****! Oh and you also made me lose my dignity! Plenty of times you were just standing on the side line looking at me, I could hear you laugh out loud, you made me embarrass myself in front of everyone, not once, not twice, but more than that, I have lost count!
And to top it up even more, you made it happen that my house nearly burnt down (twice), that I fell asleep on the couch almost every day of the week, I had black outs every day. Thanks to you my “friends” I had to go to work with a massive brick in my head, a massive hangover, every day, again and again. You made me feel so sick in my stomach and so tired physically, every day again and again, that I wanted to give up my job. Work was a chore, that had to be done. You made me end up in hospital, with chest pains, I thought I was having a bloody heart attack! You ruined my life! Not only that but also you ****** up my body, my liver, my cholesterol, my red blood cell count thanks to you I am anemic and malnourished, thank you for that! My appearance, I put on heaps of weight, I lost most of my self esteem and motivation to live a happy life.
But that one day, visiting my lovely GP, I suddenly realised what a nasty, self absorbed and narcissistic friend you really are. You don't care a damn about me. You just like to see me suffer! You freak!
I am saying goodbye, you don't deserve my friendship, I am better than that. I don't need you in my life! My beautiful life is way too short to be around you.
So don't bother coming back, or trying to be friends again, because you will be disappointed. You idiot. I am so done with you!

I know recovery from you won't be easy but it will be worth it every second, because dealing with you, is just not an option anymore!

Joyce
Old 02-05-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

woot!
Old 02-06-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! I don't know what else to say Pink...just...wow! You have inspired me, thank you
Old 02-06-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome!
Old 02-06-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I thought I would write a formal goodbye, I was inspired by what I read on the SMART recovery forum. I feel relieved. Glad I did it
Old 02-06-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AliceInTheRain View Post
Wow! I don't know what else to say Pink...just...wow! You have inspired me, thank you
share your letter if you want.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go pgs
Old 02-06-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

OMG, AWESOME post! Just awesome. TY
Old 02-06-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fantastic, you have inspired me to write my own..great post thank you for sharing it
Old 02-06-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fantastic post Joyce!!