Notices

Still clean...for now...

Old 02-05-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still clean...for now...

I'm just tired of dealing with..well...pretty much everything! My companies bs(i'm the owner of three),my 18yr old daughter's attitude, just ...done with it! I don't know how to cope! Too much stuff pilling on! Please help me!
Old 02-05-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can bet that drinking or using drugs won't improve the situation! I have just realized that I drank the last 15 years trying to deal with stress. I have to learn new coping skills because my drinking has spiraled out of control. I hope you can find something that works for you. ....hope I can too.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gracetuesday View Post
I can bet that drinking or using drugs won't improve the situation! I have just realized that I drank the last 15 years trying to deal with stress. I have to learn new coping skills because my drinking has spiraled out of control. I hope you can find something that works for you. ....hope I can too.
Thanks! I know that there's no "cure"...I Just have to keep doing what I've been doing the past few days..take it ALL as it comes! There's no 'numbing' this...it has to be handled and handled with a level/clear mind..I just want to snap at the moment..I now have a 'clean' house,so nothing to grab except a movie and pillow.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

5hrs till alarm....where's my pillow?
Old 02-05-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

DR - take a breath and one thing at a time. I have to remind myself to only do ONE thing at a time! You can do this.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi don't remember

the early days can be rough. I had no idea how to effectively deal with any kkind of problem or stress cos I used to drink all that stuff away. Coping skills that the majority of adults had, I had no idea of.

The good news is we have the capacity to be very fast learners. Every situation, every feeling, every thing you get through sober will help you deal more effective with things next time.

Don;t be afraid to delegate things either. If you have no one you can delegate to that's something you need to fix as a priority.

Don't forget support too...both here and in real life...

and don't be afraid to look for other alternative ways to relax and de stress - a lot of folks use exercise, or meditation, or some kind of hobby.

You'll find what works for you.

It's early days but don't panic and don't get discouraged - stay sober...you'll be OK

D
Old 02-05-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks,Everyone! I'm going to watch a movie ...sober,hopefully fall asleep during it...Then start fresh tomorrow. I am going to have to have a talk with my daughter. She doesn't know "what I'm doing/going through"...Maybe it'll help?
Old 02-05-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Man do I hear you. I feel very overwhelmed right now and I'm tired of dealing - just want to numb out in some way. I have 2 teenagers (with attitudes) my 15 year marriage is not going well (mostly because I haven't been present and she's a depressed angry person) and my two little ones always seen to need attention. Stressful job etc. I have limited ways of dealing with this other then waiting through the day and getting to after 6 so I can drink. Without now all these things are just right there in my face and I AM NOT LIKING IT.

So I hear you and am reading what others who have been though this are saying. This just sucks though...
Old 02-05-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I am going to have to have a talk with my daughter. She doesn't know "what I'm doing/going through"...Maybe it'll help?
There's definitely a 1% chance you can reason with an 18-year-old's attitude. Good luck with that!

Just don't be stunned if it doesn't work. My AV loves uncooperative people and unmet expectations.

Enjoy your movie!
Old 02-05-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I've heard that non-addicts/non-alcoholics have crappy days full of stress and BS too. And they handle it. How?

...they just do. They don't seek escape or oblivion. They push through.

That's what we have to learn to do.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((DontRemember))) enjoy your film & i think a calm heartfelt discussion may help
Old 02-05-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in there DontRemember!!

When I quit drinking I had to really learning a few new coping mechanisms to deal with life, because it keeps on rolling and the curve balls keep on coming, but our old friend alcohol is not the answer, we need a few more tools in the toolbox.

It is a learning curve, so don't beat yourself up over things feeling too chaotic at the moment!!