Notices

I could do with a beer or 12 now :(

Old 02-03-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I could do with a beer or 12 now :(

Ok as happy and bright I was yesterday and the days before and today before my session with my therapist, as low do I feel now.

We talked for 2(!) hours, thank god these sessions are free and covered by medicare. (Thank you Australian government)

This afternoon at 1.30 I felt that I really needed my Campral meds. But was still at work behind the registers couldn't leave. I started to get a headache, and all I could think about was having a drink or plenty while developing/editing my photos tonight. Luckily at 1 I could take my meds, jees it was well time for that, within 15 mins the craving disappeared.
Right now (just home from my therapist) I feel so worn down, I am so tired and down, I cried during the session. I just feel I could really do with a beer or 12.
Not going to do this, coz I do not want to undo the hard work!
But I was warned yesterday for the pink cloud!
I fell off it today.

Just needed to get this off my chest. Thank you for listening
hugs
J
Old 02-03-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Counselling will always be a little rough in the beginning - digging deep into ourselves will always be uncomfortable, even scary and there's nothing like those kinds of emotions to make us want to numb them out.

Of course that's the way back to disaster - I'm really glad you're working through it...you won't regret this tomorrow

D
Old 02-03-2015, 12:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, PinkGstring. Especially since starting university again last week, I've come to a greater realization that just because I've stopped drinking doesn't mean that life will stop handing me challenges.

I'm happy that Campral is helpful for you. Cravings are not fun.

When I'm feeling down, I like to remind myself of how much worse my life was while I was consuming alcohol. 31 days in, I still have images of myself drinking minus the intense physical cravings. I think my best defense for these moments is a mental recount of how unhelpful drinking has been and will always be. This helps me realize that the belief that drinking makes things better is false.

I wish you a happy 24 and lots of universal lovin'.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

we are going to start cognitive behavioral therapy soon.
Wonder how that is going to go
Old 02-03-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey Pink, glad to see you are posting. As far as wondering how therapy is going to go - don't critique the outcome before you engage fully into it.
The important thing is go in with an open mind - learn all you can.

We all experience ups and downs as we continue on our journey. The most important thing I learned is that drinking never helps. And also, ups and downs are just a part of life everyone has to deal with whether they drank or not.
Best wishes.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations...you got your feelings back! This will smooth out. You are healing. I remember leaving a few AA meetings feeling the same way.

Jennifer
Old 02-03-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi PGS,

Congrats on not drinking....Therapy sessions & CBT is a great way to help yourself

Congrats
Old 02-03-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your story. Your doing great. Keep it up!

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 02-03-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm glad your cravings stopped. Ditto what people said, your feelings are coming back, or you are feeling them for the first time. I drank to numb myself from the hurts and anger. I wanted to escape them, not dig deeper. But once I started facing them head on, it got easier with practice. Keep going!
Old 02-03-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there PinkGstring!!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Today a new day. Slept alright tired though should go to bed earlier than midnight.
Going to have a nanna nap this afternoon.
You mob are so helpful! I am so glad I joined this forum, I don't have any family in Australia or mates I hang out with just a lot of "friends" that are aquintances they support me but it's different it's not thecsame as having someone to talk to that cares and undetands!
I find this forum very helpful.
Thank you so much for all your supporting words coz I really need them atm....
Old 02-03-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

just remember this PinkG,
whenever you feel the urge or the craving seems too much, log on here and ask permission before you take another drink - get a second opinion first.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
just remember this PinkG,
whenever you feel the urge or the craving seems too much, log on here and ask permission before you take another drink - get a second opinion first.
I don't ever want to touch a srink again. Well, not pooring it down my troath I mean.