Notices

reassurance needed

Old 02-02-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

reassurance needed

I'm on day 4 now and this is when things usually start getting better for me, except they aren't this time. I'm still shaky, still having panic attacks, nightmares, & cold sweats, still can't sleep for more than an hour at night & just feel awful in general. I have a mound of homework, but don't have the mental clarity or attention spane to even attempt it. I'm just so exhausted. Please tell me it goes away soon? Because right now I just feel like giving up if this is what its gonna be like. :/
Old 02-02-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't give up! It does get better. What you are feeling is more or less normal in the beginning and just a sign that your body is trying to correct itself and heal. Are you eating? drinking water? Replenish your body as much as you can with nutrients to help along with this process. Sleep will come, I know its hard to deal with the insomnia and it was often one of the reasons I kept falling back in the vicious cycle. Try some chamomile tea, sleepy time tea anything non-decaf
Old 02-02-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hard to say how long it will last. Did you take an abnormally high amount of drinking?
If you feel like giving something up, give up the alcohol and you'll never have to feel this way again.
Hope things get better for you soon.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Each withdrawal is more difficult than the last.

Have you spoken to your doctor, drinkingdinos? He or she may be able to help you with the anxiety and withdrawal symptoms.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Drinkingdinos!

There is another thread going here today about "kindling." Basically, withdrawal gets worse every time one detoxes. Drinking will only make things worse.

Stay sober and you will never have to feel this way--or worse--again.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm trying to eat & drink when I can & I tried calling the health center at school, but no o e picked up & I didn't have the courage to leave a message. I really do wanna make that last drink the last one I just feel like what's the point right now cuz I feel ****** either way it seems. I don't plan on wrecking the so called progress I've made tho I guess.
I read up on kindling & I guess I'm experiencing that a bit. I only had 4 or so drinks Friday, not even enough go catch a buzz & I'm feeling like I got freakin trashed.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You just suffered for 4 days. Don't throw that away for naught! I promise you that the clouds will open up soon. Try to eat. Fruit , whole grains. I've been in your place a hundred times. Day 4 is practically the finish line! Keep going!
Old 02-02-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It does get better, don't throw 4 Days away and have to start again, because it does get worse with each time!!

You can do this!!
Old 02-02-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

It goes with time well done on day 4
Old 02-02-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had several relapses and always had difficulty on day 4. I think it's about when the last of the physical craving goes away and the body puts up a hard fight to get some alcohol. Try to hang in there.. it will get easier soon.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll try the health centre again - it's good to have all the support you can muster DD