Notices

Hi

Old 02-01-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

I'm an alcoholic. I've hurt many people, I've hurt myself. I've been drinking since I was 19. But the last 4 months have been the hardest. I'm drinking right now, yesterday and the day before yesterday. It dulls the pain, I feel like alcohol is part of me. I can't can't can't stop it. I don't know what to do, I'm so lost. I'm scared because sometimes I'll start bleeding from my nose and the back door... I just wished it just ended it for once and for all. It has swallowed me, everyone says I drink too much, but I make excuses up all the time. Does this have and end? I want to quit but at the same time I want to keep on drinking. I don't understand myself anymore. I was diagnosed with a deadly disease (not cancer) and I had to leave my loved one in order to be with my parents. I just can't keep going on, and if I keep going on is because of alcohol.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have made a huge step by coming here. You say you've made excuses in the past, but you haven't made any excuses here.

I only joined a few hours ago but already have had so much good advice - I'm still at the looking for advice stage and not sure on what advice to give but I do know you are at the beginning if your road to recovery
Old 02-02-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chances

Congratulations on accepting that you're an alcoholic. It's a massive step. Now you have understanding and direction.
Read lots of posts. Be Positive.
Every single one of us were once in your position. Every situation is different but I wish you strength and never stop fighting. It's hard but the rewards of sobriety continue to get better
Old 02-02-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats for realising the problem.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bluestar. Welcome to the site. The first thing I want to say to you is that there are many on this very site who have been in your position and even worse who now have years of sobriety behind them. It can be done and you can do it.
I, myself am trying to recover after almost 30 years of drinking, and I have to be honest, its really difficult. But in 11 weeks my life is dramatically better than it was. The sense of despair and anxiety is gone. If I can do this then you can do this.
I am worried about your health so please when you decide to stop drinking you need to tell your parents and you need to see a doctor. It can be dangerous to stop cold turkey so please, see a doctor first ok?
Now here the is part that you know I am going to tell you.....you are going to need to stop drinking. Forever. No excuses. That sense of hopelessness you feel about wanting to quit but can't. It is the drinking that is causing that. The alcohol is feeding that feeling. It will go away when you quit.
In admitting your problem and coming here when you did you made a huge step in the right direction. Read as much of the site as you can, get support around you and then go see your doctor. Good luck buddy....
Old 02-02-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome to the community, Bluestar

You will find lots of people here who felt just like you, who felt as though they could never stop drinking, who were in that place where you are, in despair.

It goes with the territory. It's your addiction talking, not you.

I know that you cannot imagine a life without alcohol. I know how crazy that seems, but millions of people never drink, or drink very little.

It might help you to realise that there are two voices in your head and one of them is not real. That's the one that wants you to drink. it's called the AV, or Addictive Voice. It is very powerful, but if you know what it is you can take steps to over come it.

As others have said, recognising the problem is a huge step forward.

Please stick around and let us support you.

You can do this.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Bluestar nice to meet you
Old 02-02-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Bluestar!!