Notices

To all you newcomers...

Old 02-01-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To all you newcomers...

My name is Nick and I am an alcoholic. I will also abuse anything mind altering for that matter. Anyways I just wanted to tell any newcomers if your trying to get sober and be a better person to give AA a try. When I first got sober I sure didn't! I went to AA and I thought I don't want to be like these people! I don't want to come here once a week and complain about all my life's problems and talk about drunk stories. I stopped going to AA and stayed sober for over a year. My mind cleared, the fog went away. After about 13 months I decided I wanted to help not only myself but help others and went back to AA. Even then I didn't know if I was in AA for the long haul...did i want to go to AA the rest of my life? That first 13 months i was working the steps by myself not taking things very seriously. After going back to AA I got a sponsor and started working the steps and my life is getting better and better.

I couldn't have been more wrong about these people at AA. I meet stronggg people at AA. People who have made mistakes...but are going to any length to not make those mistakes again...and not go back to the person that they used to be. I am sorry that I thought that way about these people but I was wrong. AA is about unity and fellowship.

"Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety"

You gotta give AA a chance...because when i first got sober I sure didn't...but I'm glad that I did. Get a sponsor too! Nothing to be scared of. If you don't come to meetings he won't hunt you down and come to your house...but if you want to work the program he or she will surely help you. I am thankful to have such a wonderful support group. Just gotta take it one day at a time...can't do it any faster!

Nick
Old 02-02-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for your post Nick - good to see you

D
Old 02-02-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Nick
Old 02-02-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nick, welcome! What an encouraging post..congrats to you for staying sober and for putting your first impressions aside and going back to AA. I am happy for you.

I think that they are blessed by your attendance, too

good luck, and good work!
chic
Old 02-02-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice post Nick!!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, SoberLife90; great post. Glad that you are doing so well.