Notices

Feeling crazy

Old 02-01-2015, 12:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling crazy

I'm 26 months sober. I haven't been feeling all that great lately. The stress I've been feeling has me wanting to drink again. It's all I can think about. I can hear this voice telling me how good it will feel, how everything will be better once I tell everyone to leave me alone. To just say the heck with everything and just go drink. I've been crying for days now but today was different. I woke up feeling sad and alone, I didn't want to get out of bed. I slept til 5pm and all day I've been feeling sluggish and just depressed I suppose. My thoughts are beginning to really scare me. I feel like the only way I can stop it all is if I die. I was sitting there looking at my boyfriends shaver. Just staring at it, thinking about taking it apart and hurting myself. I haven't had thoughts like this ever. I'm so scared I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm going crazy and I just want it to stop. I need to find a new way to cope bc I don't want to die and I don't want to drink. I'm falling apart and I don't know how to out myself back together. Can someone please help me, give me any suggestions as to how to cope with stress.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sugar77

Hi Stash,
I'm new to this forum,and only just over a week on the wagon so I don't feel qualified to give advice but I couldn't just read and pass on by without acknowledging you. I've also been where you are now, in what you feel is a deep dark hole you can't get out of. I've suffered with depression and suicidal thoughts. Please seek help in some form, talk to somebody,anybody. Why don't you post this on the mental health issues forum? I'm sure you would get good advice there from people that understand and have been in your shoes. I'm sorry I can't give better advice and only offer a
There is light at the end of the tunnel and you will come through this, keep talking.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I'm sorry you are hurting right now. There must have been many ups and downs emotionally in the past 2 years. Does this down feel different?
I'm having a little bump myself and have been reading stickies for the past hour.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have 26 months, so congrats on this.

Why not go see your doctor? Nothing to be shamed about. You might have an underlying depression by the sounds of your thread.

Thinking about ending your life is not very normal I fear. Please seek help.
Robin Williams didn't, maybe because of the stigma. Mental health is important. Society must learn once and for all that it's as important as Cancer.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stash
1. Congrats on 26 months sober.

2. You're stressed and your coping mechanism for stress used to be drinking. Your brain isn't sure what to do now that it has stress and no alcohol. You need to find a new way to cope with the stress. I know this will sound "hokey" but google "guided mediation", select one you like, put yourself in a quiet room with earphones and relax. When someone first suggested this to me, I looked at them like they were nuts. Surprisingly, it really helped. Maybe only for an hour at first but the more I did it the more my brain craved mediation to de-stress.
3. You live in Nova Scotia and it's the middle of winter. Have you looked into SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Vitamin D and SAD lights are very noninvasive ways to help with this issue.

4. Keep posting on here. Keep reading. Keep interacting with others going through similar things. It helps.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Stash have you spoken to a Dr about these feelings Stash ?
Old 02-01-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stash, I am sorry that you are feeling so poorly.

Speaking with your doctor about these feelings would be a very good idea.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ileana View Post
Stash
1. Congrats on 26 months sober.

2. You're stressed and your coping mechanism for stress used to be drinking. Your brain isn't sure what to do now that it has stress and no alcohol. You need to find a new way to cope with the stress. I know this will sound "hokey" but google "guided mediation", select one you like, put yourself in a quiet room with earphones and relax. When someone first suggested this to me, I looked at them like they were nuts. Surprisingly, it really helped. Maybe only for an hour at first but the more I did it the more my brain craved mediation to de-stress.
3. You live in Nova Scotia and it's the middle of winter. Have you looked into SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Vitamin D and SAD lights are very noninvasive ways to help with this issue.

4. Keep posting on here. Keep reading. Keep interacting with others going through similar things. It helps.
Great advice here, Stash.

Please talk to your doctor, too.

Don't let these feelings brew, bubble and boil. A Suicide Hotline and the ER are also options.

Does your bf know how you are feeling?
Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No one knows I'm feeling like this. I don't like bothering my family and friends with my feelings but I felt I needed to let it out last night so I came here. I'm going to try meditation and I'm going to see if there's anyone I can talk to at mental health services or at the rehab. Thank you everyone.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good Stash, I'm glad you are going to find help. Congratulations on so much sobriety, what an achievement. I know now that healing from addiction is a long term game, and you can learn to deal with your emotions and have a peaceful life, I know it. Stay strong.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's lots of good advice here, Stash. I hope you talk to your dr soon and that you begin to feel better.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

26 Months is fantastic!! You're clearly doing something right!!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll see someone about it Stash

Those thoughts about not bothering anyone or not wanting to worry anyone are pretty close cousins to the same self esteem destroying thoughts we use to have as drinkers.

Make no mistake - everyone deserves to be happy

D