I've lost nothing but grief

Old 01-31-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile I've lost nothing but grief

My break up, rather being dumped by my ExABF after he got into rehab is still too new. I'm still thinking back over the relationship and coming to terms with there was only one person really present for it. It was just the "new high". I was think that this time last year we had had another fight about his drinking which of course was a great excuse to run away. He went to a Super Bowl party to meet some girl I found out later. I was home frantic because the weather was horrible and I didn't know where he was. His mother called me because he wasn't answering his cell. He didn't come home til the next afternoon still annoyed at me for. . .oh, breathing I guess.
This year I'm going to a party. Don't care what he's doing or who he's with. He could be in Buckingham Palace, but the only place he really is in is a sick mind. His mom won't be calling me because her boy is safe and I'm just the awful girl who stressed him out so much.
I've lost nothing by losing him or his very well meaning ill family. I may be single, but I'm free!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Old 02-01-2015, 01:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love the title! ... So true. I've been feeling down the past few days, but thank you for the reminder. At super bowl last year i also got into a fight with my xabf at my brothers house. I even had to take him back home half way through the party because he was pouting like a baby. He made so many people uncomfortable that day! Thank Goodness i don't have to deal with that this year... i can have a great time watching the super bowl and not have to worry if my ex is going to secretly have a drink and make a fool of himself/me!!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ducky, it sounds like you have your head on straight--congratulations.

And being single is not a bad thing--I'd amend the last line of your post to "I'm single and I'm free!", no but's about it.

Imagine all the possibilities that open up before you--and you know what? There are a whole bunch that you haven't even thought of yet. It's only going to get better.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks dear ones! Youre so right HP! Single and Free!!! I welcome all the good to come!!!

Oh, Cleo! The game is going to be great this year! No worry, babysitting, frustration or embarrassment!
Old 02-01-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You have a great attitude, enjoy the party.... Drama free!!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I would like to amend another line....I've lost nothing by losing him

I would say that you gained everything by losing him!!

Enjoy the game DG, no drama this year!!

Go Seattle!!!!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I keep thinking.... whish he was here for New Years, wish he was here for this bbq, wish he was here for super bowl....

WAIT. Nope. Not him. He would have drank too much and had another black-out. These are just my hopes projecting. Wish I had someone to share these days with that wasn't an alcoholic. It is such a bummer that HE can't handle alcohol. Or is it?