Update

Old 01-31-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Hi,

It's been a while since I've been here. I have been busy trying to get through. Anyway, AH has taken a job in AK. Good money, so I should be able to pay off the **** sandwich he left. I will be working on that and continue to work on me. He is very secluded in little villages flying back and forth between them. He seems to like it. He had over 30 days clean before he left, so that number should only go up while he is there.

The prosecutor did file charges against him for the altercation around Thanksgiving. He was charged with property destruction - domestic violence, and I can't remember the other one, disturbing the piece or something also under domestic violence. He has to attend DV classes and then it will be off his record. That made me feel good that at least the prosecutor did not let his actions go unnoticed.

Also, I am going to take this time to get back to my schooling. I let that kind of go by the wayside since the last year was such a mess. I am going to leave the house more and do more. I have a surprise birthday party to attend tonight for a friend from work. I am going. In the past I would not have went. But, I need to start doing the opposite of normal right now.

So, that's my update. Hugs and prayers to all.

Amy
Old 01-31-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to hear. I'm deep in that phase right now, never leaving the house. It's like you forget how to do anything for yourself anymore. I went out with friends last night and I couldn't enjoy myself. I just wanted to go home. I used to be so outgoing and now I just like to stay in, only leaving the house when I absolutely need to. So I'm glad to know that it will get easier with time, that it's possible to come out of that.

I hope to have an update in the future like this one.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mejo, the more you do for yourself, the healthier you will be. I'm glad you are going to this party, it's good to just get out with other people sometimes.

It is too easy to isolate and hide in our homes, it is important that we make some effort to go out each day, to get sunshine and exercise and to interact with other people.

Thanks for the update, good luck with your schooling.

Hugs
Old 01-31-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you enjoy the surprise party tonight. I think it is a great idea to take this time while he is gone to focus on working on you - very healthy decision!
Old 02-01-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

mejo ... I was thinking about you yesterday and couldn't have been happier to see an update !

Things seems so dark and now here you are ... searching for the light. Keep up the work, life can be awesome too.

Let us know how your night out went. There are angels all around us.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mejo, thanks for the update! It's great to hear from you. I am glad you are going back to schooling, that is awesome!

Take care!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JOIE12 View Post
mejo ... I was thinking about you yesterday and couldn't have been happier to see an update !

Things seems so dark and now here you are ... searching for the light. Keep up the work, life can be awesome too.

Let us know how your night out went. There are angels all around us.
It was okay. I had one beer and a glass of water. Talked to some people I knew from work and came home. I don't enjoy crowds much, or people for that matter. Lol Funny with my line of work. Anyway, I really am doing okay.

So, I guess I will just keep putting things in God's hands and see where I end up. One day at a time.

Thanks everyone!!