Tiny sign of recovery?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tiny sign of recovery?

My AH has been in a full-day outpatient program since Monday. He goes until 3:15 and then gets to work by 5:15.

He's had this job for 4-5 months now, and last night was the first night that he has EVER come home with his tip money and given it to me to put toward our expenses.

Usually he would hit the grocery store on the way home and buy things that mostly only he wants to eat...and when he's off in the deep end, that included beer. Or he would just keep the cash in his wallet for himself.

So for him to voluntarily give me the money, that felt like a moment of progress.

Not getting too excited about it, but my eyes and ears are open for signs of recovery and that felt like one. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. He works tonight, Friday, and Saturday, I think.

Saturday is also family day at the outpatient hospital. I'm looking forward to that.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 2 of bringing home his tips and giving them to me. #thankyou
Old 01-29-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
torquemax777

That's awesome! Mine has attended AA a few times and even bought the big book. He's been sober around 3 weeks.

Sometimes those little things sure do make a difference! Little "things" vs big "words" I'll take the "things" over the "words" any day!

Like you though, I'm gaurdedly happy.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Old 01-30-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Read his big book...ther chapters To The Wives and The Family Afterwards are helpful
Old 01-30-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by torquemax777 View Post
That's awesome! Mine has attended AA a few times and even bought the big book. He's been sober around 3 weeks.

Sometimes those little things sure do make a difference! Little "things" vs big "words" I'll take the "things" over the "words" any day!

Like you though, I'm gaurdedly happy.
Glad to hear of the 3 weeks of sobriety. I think what you're saying is such a huge distinction -- the things/actions vs. words.

The words really don't have any value or weight if they aren't backed up by an aligned action. I'm really paying more attention to actions now for sure.

I got my own copy of the Big Book and found it really insightful. Have you been going to Al-Anon yourself?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Read his big book...ther chapters To The Wives and The Family Afterwards are helpful
Thanks for the reminder about this chapter, SugarBear! Totally forgot about it. I'll read it tonight.