Giving up

Old 01-28-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Giving up

I'm having trouble moving on and dating others. After being told over and over again that im a miserable and vile bi**h I wonder what's the point. I was so nice, generous and supportive of him. What's the point in putting all the effort into a relationship if you just end up being the bit**

I don't get why he bothers texting me if he thinks these things. He texts me and sets me off and goes back to ignoring me. I was good at ignoring his sentimental bs texts but as soon as he calls me a bitch I lose it. Ugh
Old 01-28-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And my phone doesn't block his number for some reason. Must be something he did to phone.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can you just delete them without reading, even if you can't block them? Just because he sends texts doesn't mean you have to read them, you don't owe him anything (specially if you're a b**** lol)
Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You're not even over this guy yet--why do you want to rush into another relationship?

If I were you, I'd take a good, long break from dating and work on recovering from the effects of the last one. There are good relationships to be had, but you have to understand and value yourself enough to find one.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How about changing your phone number? Maybe send out a mass text to everyone else or a FB announcement that you're changing your number and let that be the end of it.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi charis, I suggest you take your phone into a shop and get the experts there to try blocking his number. He's using the classic tactic of saying loving things, then abruptly switching to verbal abuse, and it's working.
Don't feel you have to rush into another relationship when you're not over this one. Relax, take some time to get perspective. You won't regret it.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't want to rush into another relp. I just don't foresee myself ever being in one after this. I feel like i will never be as generous or giving and always skeptical. I don't get him. I wish he just leave me alone and if not that be supportive of me during my recovery. He says he f'd up bad and never visited me bc he was embarassed but he's not acting like a guy that regrets his behavior. It hurts having someone I was so good to hate me so much.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

And now I'm questioning myself and wondering if I'm a crazy bit$! I get nasty back and I hate myself for it.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He hates himself. Those words are his pain and anger. Don't internalize them.
Get back to loving you and the rest will take care of itself.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm just tired of myself texting back then being ignored. I said literally two weeks ago on here this was the last time and look at me replying again and losing it to point of being ignored. I guess a phone number change is in order. I just wish I had the self control to not reply ugh