Notices

5th night, cravings kicking in and in bloody pain

Old 01-28-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

5th night, cravings kicking in and in bloody pain

After not even having interest in drinking one of my friends messages me how you getting on off the drink, i am having a drink.

Great for the first time i 5 days being sober the cravings kick in but the pain from the bottom of my back, kidneys i believe are killing me.

This will be a long 2 and a half hours until the shop closes
Old 01-28-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there! At five days you are doing great. Your friend is an arse. Push through it, distract yourself.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Thanks Ruby, just sitting here reading peoples posts and keeping my eyes off the clock. I might go out a drive just to take me out.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

don't let your "friends" idiotic text take 5 days away from you
Old 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Thanks Jupiter your right, i am trying to tell myself how sore my kidneys will be tomorrow if i do drink since they are in agony the now.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe don't watch the clock. when I watch the clock it amps up my anxiety. Do you have a jigsaw puzzle laying around? I got involved with one over the weekend. First time in years, and time flew by. Or a crossword puzzle and ice cream.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Maybe don't watch the clock. when I watch the clock it amps up my anxiety. Do you have a jigsaw puzzle laying around? I got involved with one over the weekend. First time in years, and time flew by. Or a crossword puzzle and ice cream.
I just to love them when i was younger, i got a winnie the pooh one for me and my daughter few weeks ago and it was great

I will need to buy a few big ones tomorrow
Old 01-28-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Or if you are curious about something or someplace, get surfing about it. I can do that for hours if I need to. And even if I don't.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm new here and only on day 3..One thing I will say is:Listen to your body! The lower back/kidney/whatever pain is what scared me enough to search out for help last month. Physical pain=somethings not right.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

don't scare tambdy! LOL - already Dr. Googles too much as it is
Old 01-28-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I'm new here and only on day 3..One thing I will say is:Listen to your body! The lower back/kidney/whatever pain is what scared me enough to search out for help last month. Physical pain=somethings not right.
Yeah don't i know it but the doctors are saying i am fine based on test before my last drinking, which was about 15 days but it is extremelly sore and they just keep telling me to take pain killers
Old 01-28-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
don't scare tambdy! LOL - already Dr. Googles too much as it is
I do but very sore, thought it would be away by now, especially when i wake up. Doctors says all previous tests before drinking was fine and take pain killers which i did not think would help
Old 01-28-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

I wouldnt call that a friend Tambdy.... hang in there drinking wont solve nothing if your still in pain tomorrow go straight to the hospital if you dont want to wait go now my friend

Urge Surfing ? Relapse Prevention ? Mindfulness

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Old 01-28-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tambdy View Post
Yeah don't i know it but the doctors are saying i am fine based on test before my last drinking, which was about 15 days but it is extremelly sore and they just keep telling me to take pain killers
I thought mine was from setting in my office chair too much and continued to drink..I'm also a "google self diagnose" type person and that is what led me to this wonderful sight. I knew it was my heavy binge drinking for a couple months causing my pain,just didn't want to admit it to myself. Once I stopped the first time, the pain went away after several days. Then I fell off for a while and binged a few times and the pain came back.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

tambdy....I can't say for sure as I can't offer medical advise , but in my first month , my liver and kidneys hurt like Haites...They say it's from cleaning themselves out and healing...My liver enzymes were only mildly elevated..

My Dr. said to take Ibuprofen or Advil , absolutely NO Tylenol ..

So for now , take some pain killers , get a heating pad , or those heating patches and give it some time..

In my case , it was normal , but my God did it hurt like you're saying.....
Old 01-28-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi hang in there ive suffered in the past with kidneys not pleasant at all but drinking will only make it worse I know how you feel with the cravings but if you hang in they do go away but they are not pleasant I hate them I find surfing this site and the support of the people here realy help.I will say a prayer for you.........hang in
Old 01-28-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in there!!

Do you play online games? check out the arcade here on SR, plenty of distraction to be found for a few hours!!

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - Arcade
Old 01-28-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Maybe you could get a big Winnie the Pooh puzzle. How old is your daughter? I have two kids, six and nine. My daughter is the six year old and has discovered puzzles lately.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I wouldnt call that a friend Tambdy.... hang in there drinking wont solve nothing if your still in pain tomorrow go straight to the hospital if you dont want to wait go now my friend

Urge Surfing ? Relapse Prevention ? Mindfulness

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Some food reading there wolf, the kidney pain has kicked back in so definetly not drinking tonight that is for sure
Old 01-28-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I thought mine was from setting in my office chair too much and continued to drink..I'm also a "google self diagnose" type person and that is what led me to this wonderful sight. I knew it was my heavy binge drinking for a couple months causing my pain,just didn't want to admit it to myself. Once I stopped the first time, the pain went away after several days. Then I fell off for a while and binged a few times and the pain came back.
How long did it take? This is 5 days now, more sore in morning than at night usually but tonight is sore.