So far, so good.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So far, so good.

Things have been pretty regular and peaceful lately. I'm sticking to my goals for this new year and have seen real changed in myself. I'm planning on 2 vacations this year. One - a cruise with just me and my mom (i'm so looking forward to it) and then to Disney with the Husband and 2 kids.

My AH is on suboxin so I can say RAH or at least behaving himself. I do see changes in him and the way that he thinks so it gives me hope that he's making an effort. He's been helping me a lot with housework and showing up for his 2 day a week job. I think it's helped that his truck broke down and he has less freedom. He's been able to fix it for the last week yet I think he's taking my advice (i'm shocked) and letting his body and mind recover a little more before he can trust himself. He knows after 30 days staying sober is easier. It's been a little bit more than that. I have not seen him high after Jan 1st.

I'm just grateful for the peace now and that I have allowed myself to enjoy the peace. I have not had anxiety or fear on the "what will happen". I'm really just taking one day at a time. So, I'm going to keep on doing what I keep on doing.

Enjoy the snow!!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrads!!! I hope your AH will continue on the path of recovery. I am also enjoying a little peace now that mine is in rehab
Old 01-28-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad you are making fun plans for yourself and taking good care of yourself. No matter how this unfolds for him, and I pray that it all goes well, at least you will be stronger and wiser and more balanced.

Hugs