The Language of Letting Go, Jan. 28

Old 01-27-2015, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, Jan. 28

JANUARY 28

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Staying in the Present Moment

Often, one of our biggest questions is "What's going to happen?" We may ask this about our relationships, our career, our recovery, and our life. It is easy to tangle us up in worrisome thoughts.

Worrying about what's going to happen blocks us from functioning effectively today. It keeps us from doing our best now. It blocks us from learning and mastering today's lessons. Staying in the now, doing our best, and participating fully today are all we need to do to assure ourselves that what's going to happen tomorrow will be for the best.

Worrying about what's going to happen is a negative contribution to our future. Living in the here and now is ultimately the best thing we can do, not only for today, but also for tomorrow. It helps our relationships, our career, our recovery, and our life.

Things will work out, if we let them. If we must focus on the future other than to plan, all we need to do is affirm that it will be good.

I pray for faith that my future will be good if I live today well, and in peace. I will remember that staying in the present is the best thing I can do for my future. I will focus on what's happening now instead of what's going to happen tomorrow.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One of my favorite SR quotes is, "Worrying is like praying for what you don't want." (I think CodeJob originally posted it)

That really resonated with me!
Old 01-28-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I found it somewhere here. It was my tag line for quite some time until I absorbed it!