I'm okay, you're okay. We've got this.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm okay, you're okay. We've got this.

The good: I've gotten much better at accepting good words about things I've done. I'm getting more confident in what I can do, work-wise.

More good: I truly understand that God accepts me as I am. Right now. Flaws and all.

So if He accepts me, even when I don't feel worthy, then it really is okay for someone else to like me, too. Just for me. As I am, not that me I'd like to be someday.

-----
This was going to be a "how can I learn to deal with this thread, just because someone said something nice about ME, not just something I did. There was a huge disconnect there.

But now I realize that's okay. I'm learning and growing. And who I am is okay. A bit dysfunctional, but truly okay. Still feels strange that I'm making a friend and she said something nice about me, but I'm dealing with it. Kind of! Still feeling unworthy of it, but then I go back through the above and realize I'm okay, even if I'm not fully feeling it yet.

You, too. I like you. Each of you. How you are right now is really okay. Thanks for being here.

One step at a time. One day at a time. Healing happens.

ktf
Old 01-22-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for this, friend!!