Notices

Day 5 and dizzy

Old 01-22-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 and dizzy

First off i haven't been sleeping well and wonder if its contributing. to this. I was at work this morning took my normal break ate my orange and then outside for a smoke. Here's where evertthing went sideways. Halfway through my cigg i started feeling kinda strang. I finished my smoke and started walking back into the building. Made it maybe 6 steps and all of a sudden my legs and feet started tingling, my head started spinning and i thought to myself oh s@@t I'm going down. Somehow i made it inside the building where i sat down and pretended to tie my shoes untill my head stopped spinning. I kept thinking the rest of the day it was gonna happen again but it didn't. Hope this doesn't keep happening cause it was really freaky feeling.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi 2WT

Congrats on day 5 if this happens again book an apt it sounds like a headrush when we get up too quick sometimes

could be dehydration as your day 5 and that is expected drink water and maybe a can of coca cola for sugar see if that helps but water is best imo

hang in there bud
Old 01-22-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

2Wheelterror it's good to hear from you again

Well done on day 5

I agree maybe check with a doc about that experience you had

Hang in there!
Old 01-22-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

2Wheel , Great job on day 5...Exact same thing here , about 2 weeks in , I had to see a Doc who gave me some meds because my GABA was screwed up...The dizzy spells came on and off another another few weeks and then finally dissipated within the the last week or so...Truly a strange feeling...Ohh , and the dang headache that accompanies it is nutz...I hear yaa...Seriously , see a Dr. when ya can...

Hang in there...
Old 01-22-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Was the orange the only thing you had for breakfast, 2Wheel? If I get busy in the morning and forget about breakfast, I sometimes get a little lightheaded.

If it happens again, might want to talk to your doctor.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's probably nothing, but I would check it out 2 wheelterror.

D
Old 01-22-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The wierd thing was the last detox i had nothing like this happen. The pasr 5 days have been really rough. I'm hoping it was just my bodies way of telling me to quit smoking. And yes all i ate was an orange this morning. I haven't been eating much and probably need to up my water intake.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had similar things happen when I was first sober. I think it was anxiety related to withdrawal. I was stubborn and didn't go to my doctor but in hindsight I should have. I also think eating the orange and smoking could have contributed. Oranges have a lot of sugar and if you hadn't eaten a proper breakfast combined with the sudden nicotine could have had a lot to do with it. Sometimes happens to me if I haven't smoked in a while.

But...as you know, we can't give medical advice. It did happen to me. I should have seen a doctor.

Good job on day five.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Eat a good breakfast, drink more water.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm trying to quit smoking but on my last bender i broke my vape pen. So i haven't been smoking much but this wasn't a normal headrush and i didnt think about the orang being a source of sugar.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang in there 2WT sorry the last 5 days have been rough this is early sobriety aswell so be kind to yourself

remember to eat breakfast drink more water and good idea on giving up smoking
Old 01-22-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by 2Wheelterror View Post
Yeah I'm trying to quit smoking but on my last bender i broke my vape pen. So i haven't been smoking much but this wasn't a normal headrush and i didnt think about the orang being a source of sugar.
A lot of stuff gets out of whack in our bodies when we drink, and it takes a while to get used to it. Your body needs to heal as well as adjust. You mentioned that this didnt happen the last time you detoxed, it is common for withdraw to get progressively worse. You may be experiencing that now. Eating well and drinkng a lot of water is key, also getting enough rest. See a doc too of things don't improve...better to be safe than sorry.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

My detox this time took a full two weeks before I began to feel level. During this time, blood pressure, blood sugar, and a plethora of other bodily functions are in a tizzy. Eat (good wholesome foods, don't skip meals), drink (lots of water, it helps curb cravings too. Don't overboard on sugar drinks. Remember, alcohol is a sugar as well. Don't continue to prime the pump), and be merry (rejoice and revel in your sobriety and freedom from the addiction.) Soon, your body will stabilize and the road to recovery is just around the bend.
PS> Get good quality of rest too. Vital!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2Wheelterror View Post
First off i haven't been sleeping well and wonder if its contributing. to this. I was at work this morning took my normal break ate my orange and then outside for a smoke. Here's where evertthing went sideways. Halfway through my cigg i started feeling kinda strang. I finished my smoke and started walking back into the building. Made it maybe 6 steps and all of a sudden my legs and feet started tingling, my head started spinning and i thought to myself oh s@@t I'm going down. Somehow i made it inside the building where i sat down and pretended to tie my shoes untill my head stopped spinning. I kept thinking the rest of the day it was gonna happen again but it didn't. Hope this doesn't keep happening cause it was really freaky feeling.
I found this to be a regular occurrence in early days, think it was brain adjusting as don't forget, it is used to you being hungover etc and having to keep you on your feet. It may be something else though, so if it does carry on get checked out!

So awesome that you are on day 5! Well done!
Old 01-23-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

99.999% of the anxiety after alcohol is just scaring ourselves thought farts. The other .1% your doctors will sort iut if you do youre routine checkups...relax...breath. ..let go