Notices

There has been a bottle of wine...

Old 01-20-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There has been a bottle of wine...

... in my bedroom all month and i completely forgot. It's a bottle of cava that my boss bought me as part of a christmas hamper and i normally wouldn't have been able to resist it, even though it's sweet and i don't even like it! I'm looking at it in disgust and can't wait to give it away in work tomorrow... eugh. x
Old 01-20-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a bottle of Chardonnay like that - I had 3 bottles and am nown to 1 - giving them away at every dinner I'm invited to.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Same here for me. My wife (who I am in the process of divorcing now )brought home a few bottles of beer and didn't drink them they are just sitting there.... Her thoughts are that I have the problem not her well damnit if you want to drink, drink don't bring the stuff home and let it sit there..... Good thing I hate that kind of beer otherwise I don't know if I would have been able to resist it early on.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There's been a case of beer at my house my brother brought over a month ago, its still there untouched, no desire for it.
But if it was a bottle of wine i'd be in big trouble!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Imagine that bottle, a dark, black bottle
with a skull and cross bones on it with
the word POISON written across it.

Poison that causes more harm than good.

Similar to many of those cleaning products
under our cabinets. Poisonous and Harmful.

Stay strong.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Safer to pour it but regifting is a nice idea
Old 01-20-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If i was remotely tempted i would pour it down the sink. But i have absolutely no desire for it so will be getting rid of it tomorrow before any desire hits in the future. Someone will be glad of it, but it certainly won't be me! x
Old 01-20-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by messyliver View Post
If i was remotely tempted i would pour it down the sink. But i have absolutely no desire for it so will be getting rid of it tomorrow before any desire hits in the future. Someone will be glad of it, but it certainly won't be me! x
Great plan, messyliver!!!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Best to gift it asap . . . you never know what curve ball life can through to make it look all the more tempting!!
Old 01-20-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by upminer View Post
Same here for me. My wife (who I am in the process of divorcing now )brought home a few bottles of beer and didn't drink them they are just sitting there.... Her thoughts are that I have the problem not her well damnit if you want to drink, drink don't bring the stuff home and let it sit there..... Good thing I hate that kind of beer otherwise I don't know if I would have been able to resist it early on.
My ex g/f drinks, though not excessively, and would do the same. There would be wine and microbrews in the fridge when I would visit. She would have just preferred me to drink and felt it was my choice not to. It was very hard on me on my earlier sobriety attempts, and difficult to resist, especially after several days. I relapsed several times from that.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

For me I have a dry house because it is my house. We all get bombarded with enough drinking messages to kill a horse so my house is my place of refuge.

I know only too well how patient alcohol is. It has a lifetime to wait for our moment of weakness and having alcohol around just puts me one step closer to a drink and the misery I never want to revisit
Old 01-20-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

I would have taken it outside and smashed it on the ground in an act of vengeance
Old 01-20-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I think it's the height of selfishness for a "normie" partner to keep alcohol in the house. It's like throwing doughnuts in the face of a diabetic. We don't know when the sh*t is going to hit the fan and we have to deal with it. If there's a bottle of wine or a case of beer handy in the fridge, that's terribly tempting.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj3880 View Post
I think it's the height of selfishness for a "normie" partner to keep alcohol in the house. It's like throwing doughnuts in the face of a diabetic. We don't know when the sh*t is going to hit the fan and we have to deal with it. If there's a bottle of wine or a case of beer handy in the fridge, that's terribly tempting.
tell me about it. I have a 10-15 minute drive to buy anything that's helped... Having it on hand is scary however I hated that beer forever and can't imagine picking it up and losing my sobriety for such a crappy product lol
Old 01-20-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Seriously the NA beers I found are way better than I ever remember that one being lol