Notices

needing a pick me up

Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JD

Question needing a pick me up

I am on day 17 of my recovery. I am feeling about 98% better. I have recently found out that my spine is deforming and needed meds to help pain, so I refused the opiates yes I refused. So my doctor is making me go through physical theropy to see if that helps realign my spine to normal standards. The only thing I battling now is still the energy and all around motivation. It's kind of bothersome but I make myself do what I need to get done for the day because I know that I need to work on myself also and there is nothing wrong with that. But I'd also like to thank everyone who has helped me in my recovery process. It has been an honor and privilege to talk to such wonderful people. Also I have tried the vitamins that were suggested and eatting healthy but they aren't seeming to help. Anymore advice would be appriciated.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Needing a Friend. GREAT job on turing them down!! I hope your back feels better and that PT works. You should be so proud of yourself.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope your back improves NaF awesome job on 17 days

Hope PT solves your back problem sounds painful

(((NaF)))
Old 01-20-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD

Thank you so much. Believe it or not, everyone's kind words give me motivation. Idk if this is normal or not but ill take it I have noticed a big change with the way I get along with my daughter and husband. My love for him is back and at it full force. This may be tmi but our "private" life has improved miraculously and dealing with my daughter seems easier and an even longer fuse than I had before. It's so crazy to look back and see how much pills can effect your mental state as a parent, lover, and sibling. I am so greatful for everyone who has been here in my recovery and i will be forever greatful for all the kind words and pep talks. I truly love you all weather I know you from personal experience or just a pass by. Someone to show such care to someone you don't know shows that there are still amazing people in this world and I pray for you guys and your healthy futures. Love new me
Old 01-20-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on 17 days, needingafriend. Nice to hear that things are going so well for you.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by needingafriend View Post
Thank you so much. Believe it or not, everyone's kind words give me motivation. Idk if this is normal or not but ill take it I have noticed a big change with the way I get along with my daughter and husband. My love for him is back and at it full force. This may be tmi but our "private" life has improved miraculously and dealing with my daughter seems easier and an even longer fuse than I had before. It's so crazy to look back and see how much pills can effect your mental state as a parent, lover, and sibling. I am so greatful for everyone who has been here in my recovery and i will be forever greatful for all the kind words and pep talks. I truly love you all weather I know you from personal experience or just a pass by. Someone to show such care to someone you don't know shows that there are still amazing people in this world and I pray for you guys and your healthy futures. Love new me
Awesome
Old 01-20-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad things are going well. It sounds like you are putting positive vibes out there and getting positive vibes in return.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

17 Days is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 01-20-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes with your back - physical therapy helps me a lot.
Congrats on day 17 too

D
Old 01-20-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello needingafriend ....nice to meet you ! Not sure exactly what you are going through with your spine, but exercise works wonders for me when I get feeling blah, anxious, or have low energy. I'll get on the treadmill, rather "force myself" onto the treadmill even if it's for only 20 minutes. Makes a huge difference in both energy and "brain chemistry".

Mark
Old 01-20-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Way to go NAF.. PT is good.. I used it for my knee to avoid surgery. I have also found that yoga is very helpful to the spine and provided permanent relief for me when I was having back problems two decades ago. And yoga also promotes mindfulness and mental relaxation. I still perform some yoga poses several times a week.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hey needingafriend,

Awesome work!

I do know certain vitamins and other dietary changes need to be maintained consistently for several weeks to see a noticeable effect.

More power to you!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JD

Day 18 in a funk. Any advice or cheer ups would be greatful

Well I had an amazing day yesterday but it seems like today wants to get me down. The sky is beautiful and the world is great but I can't seem to get out of this funk that I've mustered up in my brain. I'm not having cravings, my body is a little tight but that's due to my back issues, and no withdrawl symptoms. Could it just be that I need to get out of the house? I love being in such a happy mood but I'm in the dumps.. Any advice would be great. I've been listening to music because music has a calming effect on me and also I'm a great singer so it helps me focus more on the lyrics. Thanks again for following my story. Success is key to a healthy life, but you can't succeed without wanting success # it's better to fight battles with 2 than 1 when looking down at the bottom of a barrel. My pappaw always told me that. Hope it helps someone with their struggle because it sure helps me. Love you all JD
Old 01-21-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

we all have up and down days needingafriend - getting out of the house certainly helps me

D
Old 01-21-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
JD

Thanks.. I did get out for a couple hours to help a friend.. to be honest it helped alot because now I'm cleaning my own house..lol.. I'm not completely out of a funk but it's getting better