Meth

Old 01-19-2015, 01:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meth

My daughter hot railing it, shooting it up in her veins and up her ass. I know I can't save her. But once a drug takes you over you need help or die. I know I've posted about this before. I remember about a year ago she told me she was so glad she quit meth- it was killing her. Well she started it again and it's killing her. I'm tired of this "unless they want to, nothing you can do can help". Well the drug is so evil you lose the ability to want anything but it. How do you help provide them some sort of insight or wait for them to OD?
Old 01-19-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience to share Muunray but I wanted you to know you and your daughter are in my prayers.

D
Old 01-19-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Muunray, is it possible to force her into rehab through a mental health order? That's the only thing I can think of unless she seeks help herself.

So sorry for your situation; it must be heart breaking.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think I have to wait for OD- have communicated with police in her area trying to get her arrested at least..but they can't do anything.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I hear your frustration, I really do, but short of forcing her, what can you do?

It's not a tough love thing, more like the practicalities of getting an addict away from her DOC. I assume you've tried almost everything already?

Take some of the strain off yourself by looking into help groups for you. You will meet many other parents in the same situation. Nar-anon is an example.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Meth has ruined a number of people I know

And I have had my run with it also

Its a putrid drug and I feel your pain

V
Old 01-19-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ugh...that helpless feeling as a parent. She's out of state as I recall.....even so, I don't know what else you can do. Someone is bound to be arrested....as she is hardcore. Keep yourself healthy....not easy I know.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I wish I knew the answer, but I want you to know I am here, reading this, supporting you.

Tight, tight hugs!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No changes. But wow- she is so classic of a drug addict. She starting to get non healing sores. She keeps hinting for money, and I have given her in the past and more. I gave her what I felt was the best opportunity for success in the situation given, and she has not taken it. She will be shocked when she finds my bank card is declined for one of her utilities now. Trying not to wait and see if she comes back from this and concentrate on myself, but just saying it's difficult.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's really all you can do is cut her off. I had a friend who got too far into it, well, she is still there. The reason why she will never see a problem with her ways is because her family caters to her. She lost her kids, her husband, her job, everything. What does her family do? Make sure she can still see her kids, pays for everything for her (NEW cell phones, apartments, cars, new clothes, hair done), she never struggles. Of course an addict is going to continue to be an addict when it's an extremely comfortable living situation.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Muunray...I so desperately wish there was another path to take to get help for those in our lives struggling with addiction. We've literally tried all the options we (the family not the abuser) have available to us to get help for our AF For the last 8 uears straight. So long as he does not want to be there, theres nothing we can do. The system is so F'ed up. The only course of action you can take would be to gain "guardianship" (thats the term in nj, ive heard it refereed to as a 51/50 in a few other states). Thats when a person is unable make decisions in their own best interest. This type of thing is typically for the elderly or deminisia (sry for the poor spelling). You will have to jump through so many hoops to gain this type of power over them and still have them sigh it themselves that its pretty much impossible.
Long and behold we finally got everything together to start the process for this in court and wouldnt you know hes been given 6 months to live..it will probably take longer to push it through court than he will live.
the current sysyem is so f ed up.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

She lives like 3 hours north of me. She texts me today, saying "I'm in the bathroom- if I stay too long he will get suspicious and accuse me of things, but I can't stand living here." Then she says she has to go but not to text her as he will read her phone.
So now what do I do? She has texted to me before something similar recently, but I can never get her alone long enough to talk to her on the phone without him being around I guess.
She definitely still doing meth- she posted some of it up on facebook last night.
I thought about calling cops for a welfare check on her..but I think if they went there she would claim everything is all right.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Can you ask her when a safe time for a well check would be, that he will be gone? That's all I can think to do. I'm sorry, I cannot even imagine....

My prayers are with you both.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks hopeful4...but he is never gone. He retired from the military last year and living on whatever they give them after they retire- so he home all day doing meth. He's only 28 years old.
If only he would leave- for even 10 minutes- but doesn't.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Munray...I am so sorry that this continues. You are in my prayers.