Weight loss,pot and/or other drugs?

Old 01-18-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weight loss,pot and/or other drugs?

Rant and questions.

What drugs of abuse might include weight loss? A combination?

The addict not only drinks & does stimulants including steroids but also more or less has admitted to pot. Over the last couple of years he has gone through several periods of rapid weight loss. He's also a gym rat & likes to boast what he did that day. Besides boasting I think he is actually using his "gym" time to cover up weight loss and appetite. But his body doesn't match that of a decades long gym rat in many respects.

He looks 'in shape' but after a decade or two of supposedly serious working out & weight lifting other than a slender build he doesn't have much to show in the way of muscle, not saying it's necessarily a bad thing but having worked out and been a gym rat for decades something's missing.

Then I hear on Dr Drew the other night he says alcohol, stimulants and pot are a common combination? And it's the pot that is the biggest issue. This might explain periods of extreme hunger and appetite. Along with mood swing. The effects of too much alcohol simply seem to calm him but he also has been showing periods of extreme mellow of late. Doesn't eliminate the hangover misery the next day either.

Side effects of heavy pot use even if intermittently can include?

Thanks
Old 01-18-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Big fan personally of Dr drew but didn't see this episode.

In my experience...many addicts are often willing to "plead guilty" to marijuana use, but little else. I think it may be more socially acceptable. I can tell you that I have never ever seen any association between pot and weight loss! I'm also with you on the gym thing...go with your gut on this one!
Old 01-18-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Going to the gym doesn't mean anything in terms of drug use I hate to say it, but my AH works in a fitness industry and he also is a heroin user. Go figure. I would have never ever ever believed it if I didn't live in this. I met a lady personal trainer who was an addict in one of the meetings the other day. It could be anything. What I have learned today is that if he looks messed up, he IS!!!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by glitterdeva View Post
Going to the gym doesn't mean anything in terms of drug use I hate to say it, but my AH works in a fitness industry and he also is a heroin user. Go figure. I would have never ever ever believed it if I didn't live in this. I met a lady personal trainer who was an addict in one of the meetings the other day. It could be anything. What I have learned today is that if he looks messed up, he IS!!!
Heroin and fitness? How does he even get motivated to workout let alone work? Although just by what I'm seeing now and prior gym experiences I guess I shouldn't be surprised. You would think fitness types would want stimulants which is bad enough

I can see someone in the fitness or gym industry even more tempted by various substances especially if it's low in calories-got keep up that image.