Notices

Rainy weather

Old 01-18-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rainy weather

In the south of Spain this morning. Perfect excuse to continue my lazy Saturday night and stay in my pyjamas for a little while longer. I have plans today to go to an indian tea shop with some friends and possibly a dance class tonight and also have all the ingredients ready to make a black bean stew in my slow cooker. Day 13 and the most positive i have felt on a Sunday for years and years. I usually sit around crying, dwelling and nursing my hangover whilst consuming millions of calories in junk food. Life is good. x
Old 01-18-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How amazing does that feel!! Have an amazing Sunday, sounds fab and u deserve it xx
Old 01-18-2015, 03:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It does feel amazing. This is the longest i've been sober since i was about 17/18 so it's a bit of an unknown feeling. I'm just used to feeling like crap all the time and getting on with things but i think this is the beginning of the new me. x
Old 01-18-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Today's plans sound great, messyliver.

I'm so happy for you, sobriety is amazing, isn't it ?

Enjoy your day -I'm shopping, and cooking for the family later - everyday things, but I'm doing them without a hangover.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i used to have a real love/hate relationship with Sunday.

getting up super-early to finish off last night's wine and keep a buzz going. annoying my (ex) husband by deciding i'd have a 'shandy' while preparing dinner. drinking at least 4 high-strength lager 'shandies' and then starting on the wine. because hey, NORMAL people drink wine with sunday dinner. then waking up at 4am Monday hungover, panicky and exhausted, knowing that work would be hideous that day.

today, i got up early to make sure my flat is spotless. picked my daughter up, and am happily hanging out with her, dicking around on the internet and helping with her school work. we might put a movie on in a bit. later, after she has gone home, i will spend the evening with my boyfriend - laughing, watching stupid telly and having a fab time just in each other's company.

so, yeah. Sunday. much better sober. enjoy!
Old 01-18-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fantastic stuff Messyliver!!

I love tea shops, soo much choice and flavours, hope you have a good time!!