Notices

Hello Everyone 😊

Old 01-16-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone 😊

Hello everyone on this forum my name is Angel an I'm 21 years old. I'm in community college right now and I am also a classical pianist so I'm pretty stoked about that accomplishment. so a little but about my recovery process. My drinking all started I'm high school around 17 years old I didn't drink a lot at all but I know now I am a binge drinker.

I got a DUI when I was 19 and I started to binge drink from there I would say only twice or three times a week and it has gotten worse now that I have turned 21 I had a four day binge recently and am on two days sober now which I am having I believe minor withdrawls? Just insomnia and cold sweats and anxiety.

So I am looking for some positive attitudes on here 😊 also want to mention I just want to slow down my drinking for awhile. I don't know if I am an alcoholic I just wanna slow down a lot so I don't do major damage to myself I am fairly healthy so that's good haha thanks guys 😄
Old 01-16-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Angel

I'm afraid I have no experience in successfully slowing down my drinking...once I start all my good intentions go out the window...

does that sound like you too?

D
Old 01-16-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Aniol. Glad you're here. Why not just stop for a month or two. See how you feel - I bet you'll get more playing time in
Old 01-16-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Aniol.

None of my repeated attempts to slow or moderate my drinking were successful - they were complete failures.

Glad you found SR.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Nice to meet you Aniol.

I also play the piano. My roots are in rock but I've dabbled with some classical pieces over the years.

As for the drinking, I, like others, was never able to successfully moderate my drinking. If I did manage to stop at just a few, it was when I was with other people and was trying to hide the fact that I had a problem. And it would take a toll on my nerves.

I'm glad you are here!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello everyone sorry! I can't quote everyone haha and hmm it depends how I am feeling. Because usually I loveee to get drunk but there are days where if I get a buzz going I am fine with that and just enjoy the rest of my day. And teebee yes it is kind of a habit that gets in the way of my playing I am not going to lie.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Aniol,

In my humble opinion getting consistently drunk or sporadically binging are both dangerous paths to follow. I have experience in both camps. Perhaps you are not at the point of no return yet, if so all the power to ya. Take an extended break and see where it goes. I am somewhat like MNS1, sometimes can manage to only have a couple, but it certainly is daunting. Other times I just go off to the point of black out because it takes so god damn much to get me drunk these dayz. Either way my drinking is just too darn unpredictable for me to be comfortable with. Good to hear you are musical, I have been playing guitar on and off since age 8. Good luck with whatever you decide to try; you will find good support here.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gonzo9730 View Post
Welcome Aniol,

In my humble opinion getting consistently drunk or sporadically binging are both dangerous paths to follow. I have experience in both camps. Perhaps you are not at the point of no return yet, if so all the power to ya. Take an extended break and see where it goes. I am somewhat like MNS1, sometimes can manage to only have a couple, but it certainly is daunting. Other times I just go off to the point of black out because it takes so god damn much to get me drunk these dayz. Either way my drinking is just too darn unpredictable for me to be comfortable with. Good to hear you are musical, I have been playing guitar on and off since age 8. Good luck with whatever you decide to try; you will find good support here.

Thank you! I have been to many AA meetings before in my past because of my DUI. Hopefully I am not at the point of no return that would make me sort of sad Becuaseeee I love to have a beer with friends and family haha and yes music is the best I love it so much.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Angel!!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to the forum Aniol
Old 01-17-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no advice on slowing down drinking. That didn't work for me.