Notices

Dozen times trying to remain dry, dozen fails

Old 01-16-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dozen times trying to remain dry, dozen fails

Hi everyone. Never did this before (forum chatting) so patience please. I just need to get feedback from men/women alike that might be experiencing what I am at this point in my life. about 3 years ago I was diagnosed with alcoholic hepatitis since then I have abstained and binged till yesterday at 7 in the morning. I have been more sober than wasted that's for sure but I need to stop! Im pregnant, and I have a wonderful husband and 2 great kids. I feel so ashamed. Im worried about all kinds of stuff and I swear I'm going crazy. I have resesrched continously since I got sick. Rifht now I just got off of a 5 day binge. My back hurts, my stool looks a little like bile. I dont need anyone to tell me to go to the er all I'm asking is if this sounds pretty normal for my idiotic circumstance. This has happened with past binges but like I said, it would be great to see if anyone else has had these experiences.

Thanks guys
Old 01-16-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

if you are pregnant and drinking heavily i'm going to suggest an urgent gynae appointment where you discuss this with your doctor. i'm not judging you - but you need to be honest with your doctor about this.

you say you just came off a 5 day binge. what's your plan for not picking up a drink once you feel physically better? i couldn't go an hour without a drink at my worst - i'm nearly 9 months sober and if i can do it, you can, but it takes work. i'm not even remotely out of the woods in terms of sober time, but it feels genuinely awesome.

there is life without alcohol. i promise. but you must please see a doctor, and come up with a plan for at least the remainder of your pregnancy.

please, please be well.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome,Being pg would be a great time to get sober,I can't think of a better reason to stop drinking.I would ask for some medical help due to your condition.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Since you are pregnant, I'd recommend seeing your dr asap to discuss what has been happening and to get his/her advice on the best way to stay sober during your pregnancy. This is no longer about you. It's now about your unborn child.

This is our sticky on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-syndrome.html
Old 01-16-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree getting a doctor involved to help is important.

Then, I'm gonna suggest you stop trying to 'remain dry' and start focusing on 'embracing sobriety'.

There is a big difference, in my experience.

Remaining dry is a waiting game and a 'sentence'

Embracing sobriety is a liberating door that opens onto a new life that includes challenges, but also deeper meaning and joy than you've ever known.

Welcome.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Please get some medical help ASAP.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I also echo the talking to your Dr. ASAP and letting him/her know what has been going on.
and stick around here for support
Old 01-16-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
I I'm gonna suggest you stop trying to 'remain dry' and start focusing on 'embracing sobriety'.

There is a big difference, in my experience.
A very important key given to you right here!! Not drinking because you shouldn't doesn't work as well as not drinking because you don't drink alcohol are two distinctly different mindsets. Choose the latter for success, IMHO.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi.
I’m sorry for your situation and agree with the others.

What’s happening here is child abuse of the worst type, this can endanger the child for life if it has one!

Cut out the self centered BS and get help immediately and end all the wishy washy reasons to drink.

I know this is harsh but something needs your attention NOW, not when you feel like it.

If you have a disease attend to it!

BE WELL
Old 01-16-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with above posts and what kinda shocked me a little if I'm honest is that the mention of pregnancy seemed to just happen to be mentioned alongside the husband and kids. Hun if your pregnant you could be doing that child a huge amount of damage. Regardless of whether your symptoms are normal or not is irrespective and I think you DO need someone to tell you to go to the ER. If not for you for your unborn child. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but sometimes you have to say it as it is!
My friend spoke very honestly with me nearly a week ago and that was the final 'a ha' moment that something had to change.
You need to do something about this now!
Good luck x
Old 01-16-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

See your doctor now and be honest about your drinking. You can do so much damage to the unborn child so early in pregnancy.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Idaten please swallow your pride as well as your shame and go see a doctor.

Health is so fragile, please don't leave it to self-speculation.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

If i wrote what you wrote what would you advise me ?
Old 01-16-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Please please get help.

I'm nearly 6 months pregnant and I thank god everyday I'm sober.

Don't put your baby or yourself any further at risk.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some really great advice here idaten05

You have to not only consider yourself but your baby now - please... do see your Dr and be honest about your situation.

D
Old 01-16-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum idaten05!!
Old 01-16-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your comments. I do regularly see my obgyn and I have an appt next week. I need the harshness and the concerns hand in hand. I will not give exuses for my behaviors and I am woman enough to admit my faults. I thought I'd try something new this time to help me find and except my life in sobriety. I dont agree with the child abuse comment for I do know it could be a potential danger to my child but that is why I'm reaching out for support to help with something that has such a grip on me at times that I dont even understand. Please keep the comments comimg it really does help.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good that you will be seeing your obgyn dr next week and talking about your alcoholism. I hope that you keep your unborn child's care your priority. If possible, inpatient treatment could be a good choice, and it would take away the option for you to drink.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to have you with us idaten05. I hope you'll keep posting and let us know how you're doing. We care about you (and your baby).
Old 01-16-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This could be really great! I just wanted to add to my previous post that during I had approx. 4- 5 drinks 24 hour period and I havent hwd another in 2 days. Thank you again everyone. Before this I hadnt had a drink after I found out. I'm 13 weeks now. I'll do whatever it takes to remain sober! Damn it I can do it!