Notices

Day 11...My "Danger Zone" !

Old 01-15-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11...My "Danger Zone" !

So far in my recovery and sobriety I have felt like I was in the "Twilight Zone"...but now, going into Day 11 today is the "Danger Zone". This is a real scary period of time for me and potential relapse. It seems in my past Quit's, Day's 10-15 have been A very "slippery" for me on several occasions.

Well NOT THIS TIME !!!

I intend to fortify my sobriety with AA meetings 2X a day and extended workout sessions at the gym. Nothing too strenuous but just being out of my "Element" and my head for longer amounts of time for the next week. I'am reading that regular excercise can greatly help to minimize depression ! I'am all for THAT ! Studies have shown regular excercise can be as effective at relieving depression as medication with NO side effects !

I suspect some trips to the library and some nice lunch time places I have been intending to visit will help as well. Oh...and there are a few movies I have been wanting to see. The idea is to get out of my little, confining, suffocating element and return to life and this great big beautiful WORLD!!!...and explore and discover all I have let pass me by in my last 15 year drunken stuppor.

I have really become quite interested in CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) in regards to treating depression with seems to be the symptom of many disorders. I find it fascinating and have much more to learn.

The first 7-10 days have been mainly regarding the physical detox and ridding my body of the poison. So far it has gone well for me. So now it's time to concentrate my efforts on rebuilding ME...and my life !

SO !...here's to Day 11...AND BEYOND !
Old 01-15-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Thank you for sharing. YOU CAN DO THIS! Lots of people, myself included, here rooting for you!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go, Dave - I have not even hit day 11 yet, but if you can I know I can too ! If I could be your cheerleader, I totally would !!!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Turtle and BelleDeMer. I really appreciate your confidence in me.

I'am really giving it 110% this time...anything less is just me wasting my time...again.

Thank You.

DD
Old 01-15-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We all know you're gonna do it, and I for one am depending on you to. I am an my own little danger zone myself, thinking that since I am not so physically dependent as others may be. If you can do it, then I know I can, and I'm pinning my hope on it.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey you realise this is a danger time so that means ur prepared and you sound determined so well done.
I just joined the gym and have been twice in the last few days and I've definitely found it's helped get rid of some adrenaline especially If I really push myself.
CBT can be really effective and is more evidence based but personally I find mindfulness the most useful at the moment. Most GPs can now advise on educational courses for both where you can learn techniques and it's definitely worth giving it a go. X
Old 01-15-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can do this Dave!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Dave the only thing that matters about your past attempts are the lessons that you took from them. This only has to be your danger zone if you believe it to be.

Instead believe that this time is gonna be YOUR TIME and you are going to come out on top. You sound focused and determined and we know you can do this.

More power to you Dave!