Notices

mid-life crisis

Old 01-15-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mid-life crisis

Yup! Mid-life crisis... I guess that's what it is... it started about 8 months ago and it doesn't let me go

Questioning myself where I am, where I'm going... Do I want to live this life for the second half or do I want to make a change... all spheres of my life goes into a deep analysis and everything that is happening creates a major stress... stress creates the desire to drink... even if I've been sober for the past 4 months soon!! The desire to drink is enormous these days...

Remember if you had that crisis in your life?

I think I will just change job... sell my little business and go into something more stable, like a Prison gard or firemen... tired of being in business!!

I guess I say that because I'm tired of the stress and the battle against alcohol that it creates every time...

Oh well... just I thought that I needed to get out of my system!

Enjoy your sober day people!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think if your job is causing you that much stress, then making a change could be a good idea for you.

Congratulations on 4 months sober.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

I honestly think I had a mid life crisis which is what led to drinking everyday. Basically feeling the same way, life not matching up to what I'd dreamed of when I was younger, seeing youth slip me by, feeling so many regrets etc... All drinking does is delay being able to do something about it. With 4 months under your belt you're in a great place to start looking at your life and self honestly and making those changes - babysteps if needs be, as long as you're moving towards a better life. Well done and keep going