Notices

The early days. Day 9...I want OFF this train.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The early days. Day 9...I want OFF this train.

The craziness of dealing with emotions...That are ping-ponging all over the place.

I went to an afternoon AA meeting and felt so alone in the room...And the end of the meeting a girl named Sarah came and asked me how i was.
*I honestly don't know* was my answer. She smiled and said the serenity prayer with me.

I'm moving tomorrow so that is causing an emotional reaction...But i SHOULD be excited/motivated something for it...And i feel...Distant?..
Does that make sense? I feel like my senses are dulled one hour and HYPER excited the next.

Work is difficult to focus on still. Need to power through these next 2 hours as best i can.
Still seem to be dealing with massive anxiety over the smallest things. Things that in the past i could deal with quite easily.

I write this more to REMIND myself that they'll pass...That these emotions/anxiety won't be a forever issue.

Going to AA tonight. Will be my second meeting of the day.
Just feel very distant today...Tomorrow SHOULD be exciting but i feel like it'll just be another momentous task that i'll need to deal with.

Blah...Just tired of this i suppose. Want to feel better more quickly than it's happening.

Day 9 sober. Not drinking today.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your experience is similar to what I went through in the early days. Just getting through simple tasks like laundry and dinner were challenging, but it really does get better.

And, moving is a big deal. So, be kind to yourself to be going through this in early recovery.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Moving is a major life event, Finding. Take deep breaths. Another meeting sounds great.

Get to bed early so you will have energy in the morning.

Much love, happiness, success and contentment in your new apartment. Enjoy this great new chapter in your life.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Finding Moving is a headache and a big event well done on day 9

I had days like this where i was i just dont know how i feel i really relate bud

Surround yourself with sober buddies poissibly ask some sober friends to help with the move ?

i agree with Anna's & Leigh's post aswell

i hope your feeling better soon bud
Old 01-14-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
p***enger

Getting through a move sober will be a major milestone -- what they call a sober reference. You're doing great! Two meetings a day is sometimes what's called for -- you're doing what you need to do to stay sober, and that's what matters.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Moving is very stressful for me Finding - I'm sure that things will settle a little after the move is done and you're set up in your new location

D