Notices

My World

Old 01-14-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My World

Sitting in a meeting yesterday and my bosses' boss walks in and starts handing out beers. Why you ask? Because it was Tuesday! How my company is so successful sometimes escapes me.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ive been on jobs like that in construction i can relate Tang

Are you ok ?
Old 01-14-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow. Ya my job has lots of parties and promotes alcohol. There's a bar on top of headquarters! Lol sheesh. When things like that happen I look at it like alcohol just trying it's best to sneak into my life.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

That must be hard to deal with at times.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Ive been on jobs like that in construction i can relate Tang Are you ok ?
I did what I normally do. I abstained, came home and drank. Not right!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

At least your here now

Retweak your sobriety plan but it really is accepting were alcoholic and after that comes the work to change to stay sober

I done so many things Tang i gave myself to everything i was desprate to find a way a out and i could just stop drinking but that had me going round in circles as i was still behaving the same even tho i thought i was trying

so i started to do more & more apart from just going AA i went Group therapy, I volenteered, I done service with aa (tea & set up) i completed 2 college courses, i read literature and now im always reading, i started to decorate & renovate my home theres more but i basically went the extra mile each & every time without question

Tang it became obvious where i was going wrong as i started to see it myself.. it was painful admitting my faults but it was necessary if i was to stay sober

i had to change to stay sober and at first it was hard painful & humbling but it was the best decision ive ever made

its helped me to talk to others and ppl tell me they like me today my neighbours say im doing well and are always polite to me

if you knew me 2 years ago i was a very diffrent person

Tang change is key with acceptance its how we move forward

Here for you anytime bud
Old 01-14-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
totfit

Actually, there is some current research that shows that light consumption may aid productivity. Here is the deal though. That is for the majority. What we have to realize that we are not like the majority in regard to alcohol. Until we accept that it is ok for the, but not for ourselves, then we are going to have a difficult road. Once we come to fully accept this and internalize it, then it should make no difference if the bosses' boss is handing out beers to others. We just drink something else or nothing at all. It doesn't bother me that I can't drink any longer, but I don't know........if I was one of those folks with a peanut allergy and could not have peanut butter, I might be pissed.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear it, man. Sometimes that's just the reality. I had people pushing beers in my face last summer and it made me feel really uncomfortable. The only thing you can do is strongly say "no thanks" and turn back to your work. It sucks to be forced to make a stand, but we have to do it. Good luck buddy!
Old 01-14-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Sorry to hear it, man. Sometimes that's just the reality. I had people pushing beers in my face last summer and it made me feel really uncomfortable. The only thing you can do is strongly say "no thanks" and turn back to your work. It sucks to be forced to make a stand, but we have to do it. Good luck buddy!
It is true. At the end of the day being sober requires developing inner strength.