Notices

Hypnosis & Sobriety

Old 01-14-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober Member

Hypnosis & Sobriety

I have read a few posts relating to Hypnosis and its role in our recovery.

OK, in the normal population or overall population, the Hypnosis works on around 60% of people. (6 in 10). On this scale some people are more suggestible than others.

In Alcoholic that rises to around 39 out of 40 are highly suggestible with one suffering from mental illness around 1 in 40. This information was carried out by Mind, a UK Mental Health Charity (I would be happy to post links relating to this later).

You need two people to do this, so ask somebody you trust.

1. Sit on a chair. The other person should sit opposite you directly in front of you so you can hold the tips of their fingers easily. (Hold their hand with one hand).

2. Lean forward a little bit, so you can push down on their hands. You need to bear your weight on their hand. Push down hard, so your relying on them.

3. Close your eyes.

4. Hold the other persons hand, hold don't grip.

5. At a time of their choosing the other person will remove their hand sharply, causing you to jolt forward like your going to fall. (Your heart will beat fast, and have adrenaline you should feel like you need to correct yourself).

6. When the other person sees you about to stop yourself from falling forward, they have a window of 1 second to implant a command direct into your subconscious mind, permanently.

7. I have found the best word to use it "SOBER".

8. Then you can open your eyes, your done.

So what just happened. Inside your eye, there is a nerve connecting your eyes to the Medulla Oblongata, part of your primitive brain. It tells you when your the right way up, on your back, staggering and so on.

Holding onto the other persons hand means this switch is bypassed because your relying on the other person to stop you from falling forward.

Closing your eyes, prevents your Medulla Oblongata activating your conscious mind tell it, where you are in space and time. It cannot fix a position of your body in proximity to say the floor.

By removing their hand unexpectedly switches your mind from conscious to subconscious, your body produces adrenaline and makes your heart beat faster for more power to help your body.

It also open a massive great stinking hole in your subconscious for around 1 second, where your body is focused on correcting itself instead of putting up barriers of resistance.

You have one second to implant a command, directly into your mind. This cannot be erased, overwritten or changed, so do this with a person you trust not a complete idiot.

You can use commands like, "Sleep", "Sober" or "Run".

If you are Sober, when you do this, and I suggest you have at least 1 day sobriety, your subconscious mind tells itself, Sober.

I performed this 3 days ago and I have had no craving, no Addictive Voice, nothing.

Yesterday, I found a half drunk bottle of 2L cider and thought absolutely nothing of pouring down the sink.

This of course is just another tool, for your tool box of sobriety. Feel free to share.