Finally figuring it all out, I think.......

Old 08-09-2004, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I've Taken My Life Back!!

Lightbulb Finally figuring it all out, I think.......

Hello, I have been all over this forum now, to chat, meetings, and have to say, this forum has been a lifesaver to me. I now know that I am an adult child of an alcholic family, but had no idea of the effects it had on my life... until reading these posts, and relating so well. I see patterns, I see problems, I started going to alanon meetings to deal with my alcoholic roommate. I read some of these posts, and the tears come, its like Im writing them. I have fears, but am willing to face them. I dont know why I am posting all this, maybe because I need to. I am on disability, mild form of bipolar, social anxiety, Im a recovering addict.. been clean off speed 10 years, then 4 years.. pot, off and on, now clean from that too for 2 months, someone handed me some a few weeks back, I said no.. was proud of myself. So, I joke and laugh alot, not to offend, but to laugh at myself mostly. Like when I say, ok where is the box to check for all of the above on this forum? I wrte alot of poetry, it helps, I am hoping to go back to college this fall, get my finacial aide in order to move out of this situation, to land on my feet again, no more nasty names from the roommate or comments.. it amazes me how one person can be so hateful and rude!! I just try very hard to block it out, I think I am too thin skinned, too emotional at times, is anyone else like this? Does anyone else understand? I am grateful for this forum, feedback, the few I have talked to and who email and message me. It really helps. Ok , now I am rambling, I think.. I am going to alanon meeting number 2 in person today , the roommate is off for today and tomorrow, pray for me to have peace until I can save up and move! thanks for listening/reading..